info and questions....

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by shortyottomatix, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Alright guys, since all the hydro stores are like hours and hours away from me I did a little research. I went to lowe's and looked for hps and mh lights, they carried up to 400 watt bulbs right there in the isles. (Both for less than 25 or 30 apiece). That didn't do me much good since I need 600 watts. So I ran a little dude down and asked him if he could order me a 600. He said that he couldn't order just one and that I would have to buy a whole case. But here's the sweet part.......

12 600 watt hps bulbs for $96.05..... I've seen one sell for more than that. So this brings me to the question. Is this light of ample qualitity to produce high grade bud? Or could the spectrum be different from thoose sold in hydro stores? Anybody got a guess?

Also I was reading one of ed rosenthal's newest book. It's something about grow tours and tips. (I can't remember the exact name right now). And he said that plants will finish faster grown compleletly with hps. Does this just boil down to finishing sooner at lower qaulitity (internode spacing etc) or does he really have a good point?

Ed also mentioned about keeping plants in vegatative growth under a 24 hour a day light schedule. Has anybody had any experience with that? I'm really just trying to shave as much time off my grows as possible.

What's the skinny on the light moving rails? Is it worth the 200 bucks or so? The dude at the hydro shop said that it would make my 600 cover the area of a 1,000 watt light. But the dude that sold me my car said there wasn't anything wrong with it. :) I don't know wether to believe him or not because a lot of commerical grows I have read about don't use them. And I figure if they really helped that much that the big timers would be all over them. Anybody had any experience with them?

Also does anybody have any links on just straight up commerical grows and how not to get caught? Everything that has been written about my role model (BC Hardcore) I have just devoured. (He's been in cannabis culture, and I believe grow america too). Without saying too much, I got a sweet little offer that only valid for 5 pounds at a time. So I'm racking my brains on how to do it without getting caught. I have a way or two around the power companany but I'd still like to do a hell of a lot of reading before I even think about starting anything over 600 watts. Especially in america.

Thanks in advance guys.

2. yea, u can use them bulb for flowering....

u can use the hps throw the whole grow, and yes, the plant will be ketp short, and bushy under a hps (witch is how u want it to be)....

these is a argument growers always have.. some say 18/6 is better for plant, since they rest, and other say it grows faster under 24/7 witch it dose, but a lot of old growers use the 18/6, and their results are great, and buds are super... so i will go for 18/6....

3. Thanks for the info man. :)

4. What do you mean " a way around the power company?" your electric bill isn't going to be that much for running 1 600 watt bulb