Infinite Parallel Universes

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by RATMEAT, Nov 28, 2007.

1. I'm not a scientist or anything, but wouldn't that mean anything you can think of, any idea or possible situation, actually exists somewhere? If there's infinite universes, then there's infinite possibilities. A 3-headed purple giraffe who can play guitar better than Jimi Hendrix is actually out there somewhere.... a marijuana plant that's so big you could never smoke it all in your lifetime, the possibilities are endless. An alternate version of yourself actually exists who is the king of the world and is worshiped by billions. Pretty mind boggling if you think about it.

I wonder if it would be possible to prove this in a scientific way, not just using mathematical theory. It's probably pretty far off in the future, but think of the possibilities.

Also, could this prove the existence of God? Maybe not in our universe, but just the fact that it is possible for a higher being to exist. Infinite possibilities right? Anything you can think of must exist in some universe. That means there's a universe out there that's exactly like ours with a God, and there's one out there that's exactly like ours but without a God. So which one are we? This is really fucking with my brain... I hope that all made sense.

2. I don't think the universes would be so severely different. For instance, one would have you wearing a red hat.... the next would have the hat be blue. One would have Presidoushe Bush measuring dicks in Iraq.... the other it wouldn't.

If there is infinite universes then there are infinite possiblities. However, I think the changes would be suttle from one to the next.

Nonetheless, I would sure like to try to smoke that giant weed plant in my lifetime :smoking::smoking::smoking:

3. Interesting stuff,but purely hypothetical.
    Food for thought though!:confused:

4. They would and woudn't be severely different. Infinite possibilities means everthing. It is very difficult to comprehend infiinite. If god exists though, god would exist in all universes. If there is a god, and there are infinite universes then suggesting god was just the creator of one negates the existance of a god.

5. maybe there are. the only way i've been to any of them is on drugs lol. dmt especially, i felt as if i walked through at least 3 worlds in a few minutes.

6. I love DMT....... I got this DMT molecule hoodie at a festi while on deamsters

[​IMG]