Infected Tattoo?

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by Oddyball, Nov 4, 2008.

1. I'm glad to hear it

2. #42 HashWednesday, Nov 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2008
    Saran Wrap is a big no no and so is any form of ointment. Antibacterial ointment will draw out the ink in your tattoo and make the tattoo look faded after it heals. In my opinion the best method that I have used is all natural unscented lotion or tattoo goo. Since a tattoo is considered an open wound you have to take good care of it. I would recommend washing your tattoo with antibacterial soap that is unscented. Then apply small quantities of Dr. Bonner's organic lotion over the tattoo once every hour or until you feel your skin dry out and tighten. Dr. Bonner's works the best in my opinion. Use the lavender coconut lotion since the lauric acid in coconut oil is an antibacterial. Good luck with the heal process.

3. Now you know how to properly take care of your new tattoos!

If the artist you use is dead set on using saran wrap...bring your own bandages!

4. So the doctor told me to rinse the tattoo with cold water, but I foyrgot to ask how many times a day. The infection makes this yellow puss, so should I rinse it off when I see it?

5. I don't actually know, you may want to call the doctor back tomorrow. I know with a new tattoo you don't want to dry it out, and that's what washing does, but since it's infected, I'm not entirely sure. I washed my new tattoos three times a day for the first few days

6. Just rinse it off and keep it clean and dry. I would just blot it with gauze or even a towel every now and then. Hope it turns out. I have a half shield and it was hard to keep it from getting infected.

7. i would find workout the timing for the puss if you can and wash just before hand

8. Good to hear its not big deal. Biggest concern with tats is Hepititis infection. Now thats something you don't want. :eek:

9. we used brand new needles....

10. First of all, it is necessary for you will address to the doctor. Even if in your tattoo there is noinfection, it is necessary to check it at the doctor. There are many types of infections that you can get from a tattoo, but skin infection, HIV, and Hepatitis C are the three kinds that one is more likely to get from a tattoo.

11. Do you guys think my tattoo is infected? Its 5 days old, and hurts the worst when it is dry, otherwise it's just a bit tender.
    It was a cover up, and the bottom half that was covered is what's mainly irritated.
    It has a smidgen of heat radiating off of it.. but not too terribly back, and it has been itchy but ointment helped

Attached Files:

12. Doesn't look infected to me dude just looks like you caught it/picked at it.. you should be fine just put some nappy rash cream on your ink & it'll heal quicker..

I've used nappy rash cream on all my tattoos & I'm pretty much covered in them lol

13. Its literally right where my waistband of my pants sit, been sticking to the fabric pretty bad
    Thanks so much for your advice(;

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. As mentioned it doesn’t look infected, just irritated from rubbing on your pants. Around it looks irritated and a little bumpy. That’s more than likely from the ointment you’re putting on it.
    As it dries it’ll rub more on your pants. So just try wearing loose and soft pants for the next few days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Thanks so much

• Like Like x 2
  16. If you can try giving the tattoo some air even if it's just when your sleeping it'll help it heal + you won't be rubbing it on your waistband in ur sleep

17. I've definitely been making it a point to sit outside with my pants low enough to give it a good breeze..
    I've never had a tattoo that refused to dry before haha

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Wear some pants you don't give a shit about, cause they will get stained, but use Aquaphor, a nice thin layer and reapply every 3-4 hours,it will keep the fabric from sticking and help the tattoo heal up nice, I have used aquaphor for all my tattoos and all have healed great

19. I keep getting told to use that, so I'm definitely gonna give it a whirl:)

• Like Like x 1
  20. UPDATE:
    Haven't been able to get to the store, to purchase the aquaphor, but I am using a&d
    It's what I've used on app my tattoos, but when I finally got it to dry after washing it, and put the a&d , it burns, pretty bad. Is it due to it being really dry and sensitive?

Attached Files: