=(^.^)= Inertia's 125 watt PC Grow - Mandala Hashberry!

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by inertia, Mar 3, 2011.

1. #1 inertia, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2011
    Hello, thanks for taking the time to read about my very first grow, which will be a super stealth grow in a tower PC.

The PC tower case has been completely gutted and lined with some mylar tape for maximizing the light.

I have installed a 120mm intake fan at the front and a 80mm exhaust fan at the top to provide fresh air and to remove warm exhaust air.

I will be implementing a screen and some LST to keep the height of the grow as small as possible but also using all the horizontal and width I can get.

I'm using BioBizz allmix soil with BioBizz grow and bloom organic nutrients.

I've got some browning on the leaves which I suspect is from the prefertilized soil - I've flushed the pot with mineral water to see if that helps.

I am using vinegar to get a PH of ~6.2 with mineral water.

1 week old

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. im trying to build my first pc grow case and i hae all the mats i need in order to start, im just nervous about the wiring would you mind maybe posting a few pics as to how you wired it?

3. The cfl is just a 125 watt single CFL plugged into the mains, no wiring here.

However, I did have to wire the 2 PC fans together.

Disclaimer: I AM NOT A QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN, I JUST UNDERSTAND BASIC ELECTRONICS!

It's basically a DC adapter that is rated at 12V with 1.25 Amps.

Since both the fans draw about 600mA (0.6 Amps) It's not damaging the adapter at all.

[​IMG]

4. Week 2

Plants have been repotted into new larger pots, which may see out till the end of the grow.

I've already started LSTing one plant as shown.

New growth is healthy and perky.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Your plants look nice, good work :cool::hello:

6. agreed, plants do look nice:hello:. another way you can wire 12v computer fans if you have 2 and need them to be quieter is in series, I.E. +positive of one fan to -negative of the other and then the remaining + & - goto your power source.

when wired this way each fan will be running at about 6v instead of 12v...
    i guess it could also be usefull if you had 2 or 3 12v fans and only a 20v or 30v power supply.
    neither am i so anyone reading this post do a little research before hooking up 4 fans to 50V:eek: lol, anyways looking good inertia maybe you could post a couple pics of the whole box? just curious how much space you have.

7. sweet babbys. how long are you gotta veg them for? what strain?

8. Yo dude plants rr off to good start....hows ur temps? Bcuz in my small box passive intake seems to work best, and your case is smaller than my box. So you'll probably benefit more by havin both fans as exhaust, and just have passive intake. You'll def see more air exchange, which in turn means more co2 for plants.

You might be ok now that plats r small, but when they get bigger your temps might rise. Just something to look out for in future.

Lookin good bro, ill def b lurkin...

9. #9 inertia, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2011
    Quick update, here is a shot of the whole system in action.

I have began LSTing the plant, i'm aiming to have several cola's when it comes to the end of this all.

Regarding temps and air exhange, I specifically bought an 80mm fan with serious CFM's, I have had no issues with heat or air exhange thus far, I'm very close to an open window which is providing tonnes of fresh cool air.

I hope I don't run into any temp problems.

[​IMG]

I am always making it my mission to make my grow as stealthy as possible, eliminating as best I can any light and eventually smell.

I had a lot of light leaking through the exhaust fan especially and I put together my old pots to make a black bend tunnel and so far it's working great!

[​IMG]

10. lookin sick bra. nice little light trap you made there. how long are you gonna veg?

11. I haven't got a set veg time, I'm going to go with the flow, as soon as I have some upward shoots Il switch over.

I'd say about 2 weeks more roughly.

12. DIY Carbon Filter- because shes worth it.

Things are going fantastic so far, and with that said both girls are smelling really 'hashy' so appropriate measures have to be taken using:

• Pot Noodle cup
    • Activated carbon granules
    • Elastic band
    • Ladies tights
    • Mylar tape
    • Drill
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plant update every monday!

13. Also: notice anything?

[​IMG]

14. Good idea with the filter, ill keep on following your grow !

15. It's now a new monday and so a plant update is due!

WEEK 3

I am thinking that it might be possible to start flowering soon, i'm not sure, what do you guys think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. dude can you shsow more pic how you like did? dont understand :rolleyes:

17. He took a noodle cup and a panty hose, put the cup in the end of the panty hose, rubber banded it to the cup just below the lip with a few of them. The next step would be folding the panty hose on itself so you now have a space to fill with activated charcoal. Once filled you would then tie off the end and cut any excess off.
    It was all fairly self explanatory, but there definitely could have been a few more pics.
    Great post/idea though, makes me want to do the same thing only using either a small net pot or cut up dixie cup.

18. Were they feminized seeds, if not do you plan on keeping both ?

19. They are regular seeds, so i've really taken a chance here.

I'm anticipating that one will be male, in which case I will transplant the female into a larger container to increase growth.

If both are female, I'm not sure, I will keep both but I might transpant anyway to allow for more roots.

Nothings set in stone, I'm playing this by ear and I will gladly take any advice.