Industrial Facility Question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by truetrip2306, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Hey guys I'm in the process of building an industrial sized cultivation facility and I just want to ask a few questions about grow lights. I usually have used HID lights in the past but for a large scale set up I'd like to be as power efficient as possible. I've been looking into a few lights and wanted to know what the best Full Spectrum LED light would be. Now I'd like it to be as close to as a 1000 watt HID light as possible. Thanks for all responses ahead of time.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Bump

3. I think the Kind K5 series led has one of the best if not the best spectrum but there is a new light coming soon, you can pre order it at some places. Cirrus Titan 5, it has uvb, wifi, replaces 1000w HID but only uses 500w.

4. So the cirrus Titan 5 is what I should look into?

5. It has full spectrum and is more efficient than any other light I have seen. iIt also has WIFI, you control it with your phone. UVB is the thing I like most about the Titan 5 and the efficiency, 500w watts replaces a 1000w HID. I live in Canada and I am waiting for the first shipment. I should have one in a couple weeks....$3200 CAD

I have never seen an industrial size grow use led, not to say there is not one , I have only seen a few in person and many pictures. DE HPS Gavita 1000W lamps are the ones I seen in large grows. The Titan 5 will be expensive, buying enough for an industrial sized grow would be out of most people's budget.

6. #6 Tbone Shuffle, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    I like the looks of the new California Lightworks Commercial lights. They're 400 watts. Made to replace 600watt hps.
    Commercial LED Grow Light System for Greenhouses & Indoor Gardens
    They make a computerized controller that can manage light spectrum, cycles, ect., on multiple lights.

They make a point of saying that they are UL listed. I'm assuming they mention this because I have heard one problem with many LED lights is insurance companies won't cover them because they aren't UL listed.

I think UVB supplementation has been the secret many expert growers have hidden for years explaining how some can grow such high potency stuff compared to others.
    Cannabis

A lower cost alternative to modern expensive LED lights may be standard 1000watt hps/mh with UVB supplementation. Prices on nice HPS setups have dropped in the toilet since the LED craze. Unless your setup is gigantic it will probably take a few years for the LED's to pay for themselves with electricity savings. They are a good 40% cheaper though.

7. There is also a Titan 3, it covers a 4x4 area, 250 watts at the wall, UL listed.

8. Those lights do look very nice, I don't like the 3x4 foot print but for the price and you get the UVB makes up for it. It is hard to keep up with all the new technology and LED lights coming to the market.

9. This is great stuff guys really appreciate it!! I talked to a representative from cirrus and I think I'll be going with the Titan 5 set up with about 60 lights. As of right now I don't have the most experience with led control and etc if you guys have any stuff for me to look at to learn a bit about UVB spectrum control and how I should program led lights to be as effective as possible that would be awesome

10. Hey did you get that up and running yet? How are the titan 5s? Pics