Inductive reasoning

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by MindSlinger, Jan 11, 2013.

1. [quote name='"Timesplasher"']

That would be great!

Im up for a new theory, the.... "Inductive reasoning theory" !!! :smoking:[/quote]

Ok man, let me know when you've finished reading it bro.

2. What you're seeing is your version of me bumping into your version of the wall. The bumping and the window are part of the template reality we're both experiencing.

3. Ive got it!

PS: I finished reading.

Attached Files:

4. [quote name='"Timesplasher"']

Ive got it!

PS: I finished reading.[/quote]

Good! Well done, well done!
    So now that you realize your mistake, we can dispense with the whole "circular reasoning" thing.
    You'll not use circular reasoning any more. And you'll know when to PROPERLY call someone else on it.
    Congrats dude! I knew you could do it.

5. [quote name='"esseff"']

What you're seeing is your version of me bumping into your version of the wall. The bumping and the window are part of the template reality we're both experiencing.[/quote]

Ok, I get it. So, how well can we define the nature of the template?

6. Isn't that what science tries to do? Attempting to define it as they look for ever smaller and smaller particles? Isn't it believed that if you can find the component parts of reality then you'll discover how it all works?

I'm not sure they will doing it this way - but that won't stop them spending billions on ever bigger particle accelerators though. I'm not sure doing this will help mankind live amongst each other as better, more tolerant human beings. For the seekers of the template, everything is always out there, when reality has always been in here.

7. Though it's sometimes difficult to see a direct practical applications of the basic research from something like a large particle accelerator , the scientific knowledge gained usually provides the basis of applied research, which will lead scientific progress towards applications that will directly benefit us.

8. Dreams are real in the fact that they exist. They are reality. They exist.

9. ^ brilliant deduction my good sir.

10. My point is that they exist and your dream affecting you irl is reality. The whole lot of it is reality. It's just the reality of the situation is a dream caused u to act a certain way. Everythinf about that is reality.

11. Still on this, huh?

Do any of you think there are similarities between dreams and schizophrenia? In both cases the brain is "detecting" input that isn't physically present, right? We can obviously say that dreams and imagination are consummately linked, right? And that psychosis is somewhere between those states of mind, correct? Still following? Good. Now my question to you, OP, is are those pesky zebra headed space-ninjas that constantly harass my neighbour real? Their effects can certainly be seen to be stressful to my associate, which is strikingly similar to your dream-party, is it not? You both were emotionally effected by something non-physical.

Now the point I'm trying to make is that dreams and the like aren't reality. They are real phenomena, but that is as close to reality as they'll ever get. Thoughts?

12. On the individual experiencing the dream it is. But the context of the dream inst.

That is the part people get confused.