inducing/speeding up flowering time/my grow journal

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by binonexus, Apr 25, 2009.

1. #1 binonexus, Apr 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2009
    Hi all, I've started 24 seedlings in jiffy peat moss pots.. They're all starting off great and i plan on putting them in small pots soon and keeping them under a few CFL's until they are about 5" tall and have some good root systems established, I'm then going to put them in the ground close to some kind of source of water in my area (lake or river)..

I'm wondering if i can dig out my plot so that the river or lake is higher than my plot thus causing it to be moist or would that cause problems like root rot or anything?

I'm looking for any tips i should know when switching from 18/6 indoor vegetative light schedule to natural outdoor lighting (like weening into the outdoor schedule) It gets light around 7am and stays light till about 830pm

Is there anything i should keep in mind when transplanting? like any pre-preparations i can do to my grow site for slewthness & best product outcome?

I'm also wondering if there's any way to induce flowering early or speed up the flowering, besides putting a tarp over it or having quick-flower strains (already using bag seeds from some dank dank buds that went hermy).

See i live in an area where it snows very late into the year and begins snowing/dropping to very low temperatures again very early in the year and quickly at that (like sept)

And one last question.. I haven't searched the forums yet but i plan on digging out my plot, possibly dropping it a foot or so to get to good soil and also hopefully putting my plants roots a little closer to some ground water, as i understand, pH isn't as big of a concern when planting in soil but is there any store-bought soil i could use to mix in with the ground soil already present to maybe regulate the pH..

Also, I was hoping to stay all organic, I was planning on using cinnamite? i think it's called for pest prevention and just having fishing line and chicken wire all around my plot to keep animals out, Is there any good store-bought organic compost fertilizer you could recommend?

I know i got a shit ton of questions but any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!!

I'll probably just turn this into my grow journal as well.. working on getting a camera right now all i have is my webcam
    Thanks heads

2. Sounds good. Thanks for the reference to the cinnamite stuff too. Sounds like some good stuff. And it smells good.