Inducing sleep paralysis.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by neverdrink, Mar 21, 2012.

1. #21 wak, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2012
    Sleep paralysis is not something you want to induce and god knows what the fuck the OP is describing but it aint that.

I used to get it cos i was taking sleeping pills, the first couple of times it was terrifying you want to shout for help but you just cant and it can last for upto 5 minutes. But i got used to it and eventually it just became monotonous so i stopped taking the pills and just smoked a bit more weed instead.

2. Last time I had sleep paralysis (while falling asleep), I was dreaming being in a forest of tall trees with little to nothing else like bushes, just me and a small campfire, the only light in an otherwise pitch black forest. Normally I might like the setup, but it was incredibly sinister in the dream. Across from me was a rectangular metal slab leaning against a tree with a rectangular slit near the top, from which I could see two human eyes staring back, no emotion in the look, but the same sinister sensation. I found I couldn't move or hardly breathe and moments later woke myself up. I guess I had begun dreaming but started to wake up and shit got crazy with sleep paralysis lol.

3. i saw a demon girl in sleep paralysis. not my cup of tea

4. I had was in sleep paralysis a couple weeks ago, it wasn't really that bad it was just different

5. What you are talking about isn't sleep paralysis. I had actual sleep paralysis, and I was awake but asleep and a little demon from hell was sitting on my chest, I could move or anything

6. wow thats crazy. it happened to me twice where i saw the same little girl in the hallway connected to my room. i just stared at her and yelled for people because i couldnt move or go back to sleep. it felt like by body was dead, and i had no control over it, it was crazy but it was never to the point where the demon was actually in contact with me. that sounds fucking crazy.

7. Yeah it's great. I had just finished some hits of Blue Dream and retired to my bed and was listening to Any Colour You Like, and all of a sudden everything felt medieval for some reason and I thought I saw bridesmaids dressing me up in a wedding dress or something... I'm almost certain I was dreaming by that point, but I was awake for the medieval feeling.

8. One time i got it when i was 12 on a trip to my grandparents house. I "woke" up and couldnt move, talk and barely breath, shit was scary, but weird cause i could watch my entire family talk and stuff. Also does this happen to anyone? A couple weeks ago i was about to fall asleep when i heard someone say something right next to my bed, like they were in there with me. It was so damn clear but theres another thing. I was thinking about one of my friends when it happened, and I could tell it was his voice that sais something. This happened 3 times in the past two weeks.

9. [quote name='"AndyB420"']One time i got it when i was 12 on a trip to my grandparents house. I "woke" up and couldnt move, talk and barely breath, shit was scary, but weird cause i could watch my entire family talk and stuff. Also does this happen to anyone? A couple weeks ago i was about to fall asleep when i heard someone say something right next to my bed, like they were in there with me. It was so damn clear but theres another thing. I was thinking about one of my friends when it happened, and I could tell it was his voice that sais something. This happened 3 times in the past two weeks.[/quote]

Yeah man i used to have that happem all the time. One time i was just about to fall asleep and my friend next to me sneezed and i thought it was a gunshot i even saw a flash of light

10. I'm sorry I have to admit i got enjoyment from your misfortune.

11. Sleep paralysis is completely normal... Your body does it every night when you go to sleep so you don't thrash around in bed, normally your brain is already shut down by the time it happens. If you "induce" sleep paralysis, all you're doing is staying mentally aware while this is happening, and this needs to be done in order to lucid dream

12. i take melatonin to help me sleep at night and if i stay up long enough after taking the meletonin, normally only happens after a dose of 3mg or more(natural vitamin or supplement w.e u wanna call it) i start dreaming while im awake its crazy normally its pretty enjoyable unless your having a nightmare while being awake then its like...the fuck. but i have lucid dreams everynight because of the melatonin it makes
    my dreams so vivid and real its amazing

13. i dont know why you would do this. i had sleep paralysis twice and it fucking sucked both times.

i did the opposite recently though, where my body fell asleep but my mind remained awake. i heard a rushing noise and felt a wave flow through my body and knew it was asleep. but i'm pretty sure my mind fell asleep a few seconds later lol.

14. I induce it every night before going to sleep to induce lucid dreams.