Inducing flowering change of lights?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by addlestoner, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Well im inducing flowering on my girl tonight and was wondering, shall i change to red spectrum cfls straight away or when flowers start developing? Thank gc

2. as soon as you flip to 12/12 you should swap out spectrums

3. I don't use cfls but if same principles of light spectrum apply I would still use your blue lights(I use mh) for 2 weeks to help stunt alittle bit of the flower stretch. It doesn't stop it completely but it slows it down a little. After the 2 switch to the red spectrum

4. Well im running a 125w blue cfl on her aswell as a 250w red will that help with the flower stretch?

5. Would it be possible to add another blue light? And then take it and replace with red 2 weeks in

6. I could do that or i could add another 125w blue and leave the red running still if that would be even more beneficial? if not ill leave it at 2 x 125w blue

7. Ya. I was saying have 2 blue and 1red for the first 2 weeks and then after that use 2 reds and 1 blue. Your using the blue to only stunt the stretch a bit. Once a few weeks pass shell want more red spectrum