Indoors or Outdoors?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by doobNoob, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Greetings everyone, this is my first post. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about the growing game. I've been reading up on different ways to grow. So far, it seems to me like outdoors would be the way to go, mainly because of the risks involved with getting caught/hiding it from the girlfriend.etc. I did some googling and found that using an LED light setup will lower electric costs and heat production, but they are too damn expensive. Saw a video on this site of a dude's LED setup, but it could be fake, who knows.
    http://led-growing-lights.blogspot.com/

So my question to everyone is... Do the initial high costs of an led kit pay off in the long run, or should I start out with "the great outdoors" - I don't really have 600 bucks to drop on a kit right now, if it might not really work.

Thanks

doobNoob

2. Hiding it from your GF is going to be a lot easier then hiding it from the rest of the world. Better yet, tell her you want to grow and have a mature dicussion about it. She might surprise you.

Anyway... Growing outside would be fine, but besides the obvious security issues. I doubt it is warm enough where you live. I could be wrong, but you would have to wait until next year.

If you want to grow inside, there are cheap alternatives. You can setup a CFL grow for less than $50. Do some research and decide what works best for you.

Good luck.

3. It'd be hard for me to keep it a secret, from friends as well as the GF. You may be right on the mature approach, she's pretty understanding about most things. So let me ask you this...What months are ideal to start the process?

doobNoob

4. Depends on where you live. If you live in any area that never sees frost, then you could plant now. Ideally though, you should wait until the spring. The days are longer and the temps are better. If you plant in the spring, be prepared to harvest next fall.

Good luck.

5. i have one thing to say what is worses getting caught by you GF or the PD

6. Yeah, now that I think about it. I'd be more worried about the GF for sure!

7. :laughing: