Indoor winter set up

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Salty82, Sep 24, 2017.

1. So I'm looking for some input on an indoor winter set up. I'm going to use so space in my garage and I'd like to have 2-4 going in the space. How much room would I need 5x5? 7x7? What kind of lights and how many? What kind of pots and what size? Exhaust fan? 1 or two fans to circulate air?

Just trying to get a head start so let's hear some ideas!!

2. 4x4 for 2 to 4 plants.

1000w HID or a 1000w (true watt) LED

1 fan for air circulation in the tent

1 fan for exhaust with a carbon filter for smell.

15 litres pots (not sure in gallons) for final pots...

• Like Like x 1
  3. So 5 gallon buckets would work. What about those fiber pots??? Anyone use those indoor?

4. And thanks for the input Shifte

5. That's cool man, and yes those pots are good..

6. That's all I use..Get the ones with the handles..about the same price as the "Smart Pots" (brand)..In fact the Vivosun(s) w/ handles seem a bit thicker as well..You can wash them in a washing machine and they come out pretty nice..(going on my 3rd use of a few now)..I use a cheapo plastic ribbed saucer to collect any runoff..ribbing raises the pot a hair for more oxygen to enter..

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. I use fabric felt pots but I also would like some advice on my set up

8. Just for reference for ya Salty this is a 4x4 with 4 plants in a scrog. Approx 30L pots. 600w HID, could use a smaller W LED but make sure its a good one not a cheap ass blurple thing. One circulating fan and one small fixed fan, Dehumidifier, carbon filter and a extraction fan.
    Next run will be 8 to 10 plants, smaller pots and a shorter veg time, no scrog as ill be using mainly reg seeds. Back to female seeds and a scrog run after that.

2017-09-23 18.00.28.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. One thing you mentioned is a winter grow..depending on the temps where you live and where your growing LED may not be the way to go as running a heater costs $$.
    Winter is HID for me but id like LED for summer.

• Like Like x 2
  10. IMG_0557.JPG Seeing as we are posting pics, this is 2 in a 4x4 :rave-girl:lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. Motivation man..its motivation!

• Like Like x 1
  12. image.jpg
    Here I have a 315 w cmh an a 150w hps I'd like some feed back on my setup as soon as possible cause I'd like to fix any problems I have currently

13. Looks like you have a bad case of nitrogen defficncy... and no air circulation... also you need to tell people the grow medium and also what nutes and so on..

14. Oh shit I forgot I have about 8 plants but chocolate hashberry is about to die from root rot only about 10 percent of roots are alive it is forsure not growing

15. Mendomix an fox farms mixed together

16. I put them on some Alaska fish fertilizer

17. Thanks buzzer, I'll look for those. I appreciate all your help in my posts. You're the man

18. Hmm I'll shut up now cause I don't know about them, but you deff need to increase the N

19. image.jpg
    And some of this seaweed extract

20. Shifte, that set up looks exactly like what I have pictured in my head! That's a thing of beauty

• Funny Funny x 1