Southern Ontario Canada Outdoor Grow Season 1

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Neelix, Mar 31, 2019.

1. #1 Neelix, Mar 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    Hello fellow horticulturalists. Good to be on this forum, learned a lot and read a lot .

I am a hobbiest of gardening and have some experience on how to take care of a plants full life cycle. Cannabis has been so far the most exciting and challenging part of my experience, while learning and applying theories on photosynthetic response of cannabis I found myself to be very passionate on this subject and decided to make a grow journal.

Cannabis strain undergoing experiment:
    "Bakerstreet" (Hindu Kush) Indica

FLOWERING TIME OUTDOORS:
    Early to mid-October

Here is some technical data for us the geeks.

Lighting Hardware used in seedling stage:

- Commercial Hydroponic LED -
    Full Spectrum 450-600nm.

Ppdf is 1900 Micromoles (µmol)
    1900 Micromoles is 0.0019 mol per second. Full Sunlight at midday is about 0.0025 mol or 2,500 micromol (µmol).

Light period 18 hours in a 24 hour cycle.
    Slowly reducing light cycle by 1 hour to adjust to outdoor light conditions 15h.

DLI (photosynthetically active photons)
    1900 (µmol) x 18 (hours) x 3600 (seconds per hour) = 123120000 µmol , or 123 mol / 24 hour period.

64800 seconds = 24 hours x 0.0019 µmol = 123.12 mol.

Lightning used during vegetative Growth:

1 Led Cob light, true wattage draw 50w.
    Par Value = distance from bulb = 6" (umol 2200) to 30" (umol 210). Plants vegging around 500.

- MEDIUM -
    Soilless mix out of love - NPK 0.2 - 0.3 - 0.2

60% Promix HP
    40% mix - Sphagnum peat moss, coco coir, aged softwood bark, perlite, worm castings, bat guano, feather meal, bone meal, blood meal, sulfate of potash, kelp meal, and volcanic ash.

VEG NUTRIENTS;

Base veg (part 1) NPK= 4-0-1
    All Purpose veg (part 2) = 2-3-7
    Bloom flower (part 2) = 1-4-7

20190326_103656.jpg 20190329_103928.jpg 20190331_120742.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. 15-9 or 16-8 is the best for close time matching to what outside should be come late May.
    Higher then that and you risk flowering at setout.
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 3rd day from starting post. Recovering from over watering. Feminised Bakerstreet strain. 20190402_162222.jpg 20190402_162304.jpg 20190331_155356.jpg 20190402_161958.jpg 20190402_162514.jpg 20190402_162645.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. What size of pots are you using? Do you plan on transplanting into another pot or are you planning on putting them into the ground? Looking good right now. How old are they?

5. IMO: Time to potup up will relieve the nute burn issues

add 25% perlite will add much needed air, avoid root compaction

time to consider hormones and the effect light has on them

nice and good luck

6. They are 2.4L pots. 0.7 gallon. They will be going outside mid May. Iam planning in transplanting 2 of them them into 15L pots and the other 2 into raised garden bed. Hopefully the 2.4l pots will be enough untill mid may transplant. These plants except the tiny one are about 3 weeks old.

7. Thank you for your feedback. The soil was bit compact, that's because when I topped up the soil I compacted it :( and I guess they struggled at the time.. Will definitely add more perlite. Thanks. Today they look much better and alive :)

8. This is how they look today, they seem to be praying to the light Gods. 20190403_175819.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. You’re good to top now or Fim depending how many tops you want. I fimmed last grow and topped this grow. Just personal preference. But she’s big enough to do so. I’ve done mine smaller than that.

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Good looking plants too btw. Keep it up. The grows only get easier as time goes on and the more you learn. I’ve learnt a lot from these guys and girls here on GC.

• Like Like x 1
  11. #12 Neelix, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    Pinched her above 4th node. Wanted to do it above the 5th node but I fat fingered the leafs on the side and snapped them . Hope she will recover well. Guess I topped and not fim :). I'll fim the other one later see the differences in future.

20190404_155255.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. She’ll be fine. Just keep giving her some love. But not too much lol. When I started my first grow I swear I looked at them every half hour and worried about every little thing. I still look at them often because... well.. who doesn’t lol but I try not to overthink and get excited over anything. Most of the time if something does go wrong you can fix it in time and she’ll recover.

Yeah go ahead and fim the next one if you want. It’s all about experimenting and what works for you. Keep me posted. I haven’t done a side by side top vs fim in the same grow. I’m curious on how much more or less you’ll get from either one or if they’ll both be close to the same.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I topped my bakerstreet at 3rd.

I wouldnt put outside before the 24th.

Looking great. Does yours also grow 3 shoots per node? I just noticed mine was doing that when I cut the last batch of clones from her.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ya 3 :).. Ya they gonna go out on may 24. Can't wait Hehe.

15. I’m in Northern Ontario and I don’t think mine would be able to go outside at all in May lol. I think we’ll have snow on the ground till June the way it snows this winter. 12ft this year. Just shy of a record.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I might however keep em in pots and move them inside at night when it gets colder.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Before may 24, an average, it looks like the night lows are between 8 and 10 celcius. But may 20th and beyond the lows start from 12c, 14c average here in TO. And 15h of sunlight. Mid Aug / Sept should start to flower from what i found out using solstice calculator. Should be good!. My friends indicas survived and fully flowered when the lows were around 10c.

Sunrise and sunset times in Southwestern Ontario, May 2019

Yeah if put out in early may they could start to flower as the light cycle is 12/12..

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yeah you guys down south didn’t get the winter we got lol. Here’s a picture of my back yard. And yes that’s where my lawn is supposed to be lol. Mind you that pic was taken in the middle of winter and the banks have went down a lot since but just to give you an idea. Pretty sure I won’t be doing anything outdoors till end of May or early June. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. Damn. Maybe all that snow will super feralize the ground.

• Like Like x 1