indoor to outdoor - transplanting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by kickin_it, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Hey guys,
    I'm up in Ontario, Canada here and I've decided upon an indica strain that is supposed to finish growing early (it said mid september). However I want to start them inside at my windows about two months before the frost goes (its gone in mid may so i'll be starting them around the beginning of march). This way they'll be strong transplants right? or wrong? Is this a good idea?
    What problems can be associated with transplanting from inside to outside? Do you think this would be bad because the strain is made to finish 'early'?

Thanks for your responses!

2. ur plan sounds fine, just try to put the plants outside or open the window a few hours of the day for week or so b4 u make the transplant to get them used to things like wind and prevent shock.

3. I heard that you should gradually adjust the plants from indoor to outdoor like the person above me said so that the plants would die from shock, because they aren't used to UV rays and what not.

4. i dont know this for sure but i think it would be good to start them in the same soil thy will be in outdoors. make sure that you dont leave any air pockets in the dirt around the plants or you could run a risk of freezsing the roots.