Indoor to outdoor grow journal spring 2022

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by bonzo78, Apr 10, 2022.

• Like Like x 1
  1. And finally week five, and I'm back to caring for them daily.
    OOPS:
    The four last pictures from the week 4 ppst are actually from week 5. 20220520_132340.jpg 20220520_132421.jpg 20220520_132501.jpg 20220520_132549.jpg

Sent from my SM-A205G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. All plants watered, a plastic sheet put down because my roommate said to be careful with the laminate floor, and my room is still smelling pretty dank on account of the Sin Tra Bajo and Gelato. Smells like a mixture of smelly socks, lemon and diesel.
    Also I took three more clones because it's been a week since I took the last set, and it's a bit of a race against the season to get my plants sexed. 20220521_121832.jpg 20220521_122434.jpg

3. I'm hoping to get a couple ounces off the two auto that are flowering. I guess the Jet 47 auto didn't get enough light due to the OG kush auto towering over her, or maybe having to compete for root space as such a young plant. 20220521_122938.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. An update with pictures! The Sin Tra Bajo auto and Gelato auto are putting on weight. The OG Kush doesn't look too happy under the shitty chinese led. She is starting to go copper coloured due to the immense amount of shitty light. I have to say she's filling out quite nicely though, in a sativa fashion. This plant is not a true auto, so she will get huge by the time she's harvested in September. Too bad the strain will take a little longer to flower though, we often are at risk of snow in very late September, so it all needs to come down around that time. I think I will let her get a big bigger, then sit the pot she's in on top of a 30G pot filled with soil mix outside, and cut the bottom off the smaller pot.
    We've had about a week of dreary, rainy days so I sure hope this all clears up by the time to plant outside around here - June 1st or 2nd. 20220527_125517.jpg 20220527_125330.jpg 20220527_125207.jpg 20220527_125201.jpg 20220527_125944.jpg

5. Forgot to update for a week or two. It's raining outside and has been the gloomiest start to June that I have ever seen in these parts. Not a lot of rain but just gloomy and not seeing the kinds of temps we usually do.
    These pictures were taken almost a week ago. The Gelato auto and Sin Tra Bajo auto were at 9 weeks and still looking like they have 2-4 weeks left. The regular photoperiod bag seed/marmalate are bushing well from the lst I did when they started. I'm just beginning to learn to lst, and I like the results so far. 20220530_105116.jpg 20220530_105122.jpg 20220530_105158.jpg 20220530_105212.jpg

6. I brought the flowering autos and my regular photoperiod plants in to get some light. We're supposed to be getting rain today and tomorrow and I really would like the autos to get all the light they can in this stage of flowering.
    I have to transplant the regular plants as soon as I can get the soil dried out. They are rootbound and are yellowing from the bottom up. It's still a learning curve for me sometimes.
    I bought 5 Ice Cool fem auto seeds and 7 Bubblelicious fem autos. I've got 3 Ice Cool and 2 Bubblelicious seeds starting beside the unsexed photoperiods. I'm still trying to decide what pots to put them in. Ideally I would like to grow one per 10 G, but I don't think I have enough soil. I might end up having to get a lot more later on this growing season anyways, so we'll see.
    I cut the bottom off the pot the OG Kush is in and put it on top of a 30 G filled with soil. It was getting rootbound. My roommate keeps telling me to pinch off any yellow leaves because the plant will direct unnecessary energy into trying to keep them alive. The plant in the 10 G outside is one of the regulars, the one that was grown in promix with mycorrhizae and manure rather than last year's recycled soil mix.
    The last picture is of my thornless blackberry plant, on the left, and chippewa blueberry bush, on the right. The catepillars sure love the blueberry bush. I've made it a habit to check it often for them and squish them when I see them. 20220606_133349.jpg 20220606_133403.jpg 20220606_133146.jpg 20220606_133138.jpg 20220606_133200.jpg

7. Also a pic of what's left of a test bud I picked off the Gelato a couple days ago. Now that it's dried out a bit it's some pretty good smoke. 20220606_135725.jpg

8. I got my 6 photoperiods transplanted and it rained last night so they are all settled in. I'm definitely looking foward to nice skies and long hours of sunshine for these babies.
    I was considering doing a couple or a few perpetual harvests rather than one main harvest at the end of the year. We get a lot of rain here around harvest time which sometimes just turns into snow without giving anything a chance to dry out. Not ideal conditions to bet your whole crop on, basically. I might just get some black tarps and white tarps and make some sort of frame from 2x4s and stuff and black out my plants from 9 pm to 9 am. 20220610_112515.jpg 20220610_112509.jpg 20220610_112458.jpg

9. I'm still trying to make sense of all the labels on my plants and clones. When I started taking clones, I labelled one of the ST X regulars as a Marmalate regular and vice versa. When I transplanted my plants yesterday, I forgot to take note of which plants with which labels went in which pots. I put an ST X #2 label on M #1 and an M # 1 label on ST X #2. I've got the plants properly labeled outside now, and it would make sense that I can just switch the labels back on the clones. There. I think I got it figured out.

10. I will have to transplant one clone, one of the ST X #4's into a 2G today, as well as start germinating the other 3 Marmalate regular seeds. Now that I've got the labels on the clones figured out I can focus on getting a male and female for producing seeds with the Marmalate plants.
    I'm thinking of getting some more colloidal silver and trying to make some fem seeds at some point too. Last try was a failure, this time I might try something I heard from my old boss, that I need to start the treatment with CS two weeks before the switch to 12/12.

11. Don't you feed your plants?

12. Well, technically the soil does. I have manure mixed at about a 30 to 70 ratio with triple mix, which is pretty rich in itself. I found when using straight triple mix last season that my plants became nitrogen defficient or whatever.

13. Basically, all my plants that I get anywhere with and grow out get a top dressing about every two weeks to a month, depending on the age and vigor of the plant. I top dress with kelp meal, alfalfa meal, fish bone meal, glacial rock dust for micronutrients, a liberal amount of insect frass, and sometimes a bit of bone meal if the plant is in flower.

14. I also have everything I need except a container to brew in to make an actively aerated tea with all that junk plus compost and quality earthworm castings.

15. The outdoor garden is looking acceptable, here's what's going on indoors. I opened up the humidity dome this morning and noticed something was wrong with one of the Sweet Tooth #3 clones. Apparently a fungus gnat got into my room, then into the humidity dome and laid eggs. Either that, or the eggs were in the Promix I used for the clones. I really hope it's not the latter. The larvae, or "root maggots" completely devoured the growth tip of the clone. I hope none of the other clones are affected. At least I had a back up plan with the 12 auto seeds.
    Anyways, I have 4 Ice Cool autos and 4 Bubblelicious autos planted in the coco fibre pots. There's one more Ice cool auto that just need several more hours to germinate, and one of each left still. I lost one of the seedlings. I'm not sure but I think it got too dry, and with the lack of a proper root structure it just dried out and died. First time using coco fibre pots and I'll be sure to check on them often from now on.
    20220617_191934.jpg 20220617_191941.jpg 20220617_192001.jpg

16. Sorry, meant to say the triple mix with manure is what my outdoor plants are in. Indoors with small pots I will be using Promix with mycorrhizae.

17. The autos in the 10G have a few weeks to go but are getting frosty. I now have 9 autos (Bubblelicious and Ice Cool) technically above soil. This gives me a backup plan in case something doesn't go as planned with the rest of my plants. I was going to plant out two of them today but they are still small and we're supposed to get thunderstorms on Wednesday. 20220620_173559.jpg 20220620_173546.jpg

18. It's a beautiful sunny day and the outdoor plants are finally getting good sunshine.
    Turns out I didn't figure out the labels on my clones vs my outdoor plants, so I won't be bothering to sex the clones. I will just keep all the plants until they begin to flower, and hope for females. Except for the plant by the firepit. It's got to be a male as it is shooting up like a weed, so will be taken down shortly.
    I'm not going to waste a valuable female plant from these plants to breed the male Sweet Tooth x C99 x Orange Velvet, but I think I'm going to hold on to the clones of it and start some Purple Violator regular seeds and hope for a female to breed it with. I just wanted to make the most use of my plants and my effort, and the Purple Violator seeds are leftovers that have been sitting around for a while so...
    Here are some pictures of the outdoor garden today. 20220625_152447.jpg 20220625_152500.jpg 20220625_152511.jpg 20220625_152518.jpg

19. And here are the indoor plants. On the right in the coco pots I have more fem autos. A few clones are pretty droopy looking after this time, even after being started in the worst soil possible.
    On the other hand, most if not all of the Marmalate clones have done pretty well. I'm currently germinating the last three Marmalate regular seeds as well as the last two autos. 20220625_155116.jpg 20220625_155637.jpg 20220625_155153.jpg