Indoor to outdoor grow journal spring 2022

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by bonzo78, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Hey blades, this is my journal for the season including some autos that I started for short-term smoke and the starts/mothers that will be my outdoor grow. I'm hoping to do 25 plants total, although depending on plant size I think 25 might be a little overkill for my consumption before next outdoor season, so...
    Pics are coming soon, once I edit the ones I took (if I can figure it out).
    In the closet right now I've got 4 autos, and 8 regular photoperiod seeds (4 sort of small immature bagseeds from my Sept. 2021 harvest and 4 Marmalate regular seeds from Delicious Seeds.
    Hoping for some strong females and will be figuring out how best to breed and save the Marmalate strain for subsequent years to come.
    Not all seeds have popped yet, but the three bigger autos were all above soil between Mar. 25th and the 26th.
    I will get to editing the photos (hopefully tonight) and we'll get the party started.

Sent from my SM-A205G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. Oops. I fucked up on editing "Back row". The Sweet tooth cross is actually on the lower left. The one in the centre is actually the fourth Marmalate.

3. August 1st take cuts from your fully vegged outside plants as that is as late as you can get a veg stage cut.

August 1st = Take clones / Plant seeds
    Oct 15th = Harvest, Plant veggers, Take clones / plant seeds
    Jan 1st = Same
    March 15th = Same
    June 1st = Harvest, Set out veggers..

I'm in southern California and it's warm enough to grow / flower outside all year long.

BNW

4. I'm in Ontario, in cottage country where winter does what the fuck she likes. Lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Time to get some of my plants watered. I also like to lightly sprinkle some water on the top of the soil in pots that are drying out on the top, to maximize biological activity and presence in the soil.
    This promix with mycorhizae I got went into the pots with autos in them, as well as the pot behind the cord in the third picture. I have to say I'm pretty impressed given I hadn't tried out any innoculated growing before. Check out the stem on the auto in the last picture. It is only 17 days above soil. 20220411_185757.jpg 20220411_185748.jpg 20220411_185611.jpg 20220411_185913.jpg

6. Turns out one of my marmalate seeds didn't sprout. Too bad, hopefully I will get at least one male still.
    20220411_204358.jpg

7. A second marmalate regular seems to have messed up on the attempt to break soil. It looks like it began to sprout, but the bend in the stem looks burnt or something. I wish I could take a picture, but it is really small and don't think it would be visible. If this one doesn't sprout I have three more seeds at least. Maybe I'll germinate 2 more today, seeing as I'll be leaving for the week next week. Eventually I might have to get some bluemats or something.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I just got a job in a different town than where I live, like an hour away. I will be there during the week and coming home most weekends. My roommate knows how to grow pot though so I'm going to ask him to water the plants while I'm away for a cut of the harvest.
    I will probably end up doing my main outdoor grow there, not here, as I will be able to water the plants when they need it if I have them with me during the week. So 3-4 marmalate plants will go with me, and the bagseed strain from last year's grow will stay here. I hope to flower a male clone with some female clones indoors in my grow tent in the short term. If I haven't gotten around to building led lights by then, I will just flower under my 600 watt hps running at 450 watts.

9. The Jet 47 reg auto is getting off to a good start, slowly but surely. 20220413_130247.jpg

10. I couldn't find my other marmalate seeds, so I'm germinating two purpura uno seeds, which are bred to have almost 20% cbd and little to no thc.

11. I have wanted to sprout some of these seeds for a while now. The doctor I was seeing recommended CBD as a treatment for psychosis.

12. A quick photo update... everything's looking good. The autos are filling in nicely. I hope they don't get too unruly while I am gone for the week. I was going to start lst on the sweet tooth cross in the back of the closet, but I just rotated the pot and it seems to be jyst how it needs to be atm. Perhaps I will do the first stake down the day I leave. 20220415_161729.jpg 20220415_161723.jpg 20220415_161717.jpg 20220415_161708.jpg

13. I will be putting the other light (roleadro 120 watt) back over the autos in the left pot. It's just germinating the last seed for this run. I don't like to run it on my plants until they are a bit bigger, one time I put small plants under it and it burned the leaves some wierd way, they didn't look to happy with it. It's a good light for 100 bucks though.

14. Oh yeah, on the OG Kush auto I ended up sacrificing an entire fan leaf to uncover a growth tip that was in the light before the fan leaf stretched over it. Now the plants are back to 4-6 tips photosynthesizing on each plant.

15. The autos are still filling out nicely. I did some defoiliation seeimg as they're responding so well to the lst. 20220416_101954.jpg 20220416_102002.jpg

16. Hey folks, sorry about the delay, I was really busy with work. I ended up deciding to not keep working for my employer due to a moral dilemna, so I will have time to water my plants and train them daily if need be. Also I will try and keep this journal updated as we enter the outdoor growing season up here in the °45 latitude northern climate.
    I took 3 clones 2 weekends ago, and 3 clones last weekend. I've got all 6 of the photos cloned and my plan is to clone these clones, or just make new clones from the original mothers/fathers, and put the second set into flower to see which of the photos are male or female. I plan to breed a male and female to get some more Marmalate seeds, because I would like to save that strain for indoor crops in the future.
    The Sin Tra Bajo auto and the Gelato auto are week 9 from seed almost exactly and they smell daANK.

17. Here is a photo dump, with pics I took of them every weekend since I started the new job.
    Starting with week one: 20220424_175653.jpg 20220424_175704.jpg 20220425_133351.jpg 20220425_133356.jpg 20220425_133415.jpg