Indoor Tent Grow Heat Problems

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jrgrower, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Hey everybody first time post but Im hoping that maybe some of you will offer some light on my situation

So I use hydroponics in dwc 5 gallon buckets in a 4x4x7 tent with two 400w hids. Now I have an ac rigged in one of my intake holes in my tent but even on full blast the whole time the lights are on it still struggles keeping my clones cool. At this point in my grow I lost 3 out of the original 5 clones due to this heat stress I have been tossing around ideas of what might help so Im asking you guys if any of my suggestions could work, like switching my hids for two 12 tube t5 light fixtures or putting inline duct fans in. I`ll post up pics and tell me what you think? thank you everyone in advance!

2. This is the tent
    pictures 404.jpg

My struggling babes
    pictures 405.jpg

Lights 400w switchable HPS/MH with my ac hose coming through
    pictures 406.jpg

I know it doesn't show much but as you might see its way too hot in there, my water is always literally almost hot to the touch and Ive read about insulating the buckets to keep the heat out but Id just prefer to eliminate the heat issue altogether so any input is helpful!

3. Air cooled hoods would bring your temps down to where you need them, I would try venting the ac in from the bottom, hot air rises so that ac is mixing in with the hot air before it even has a chance to get to the plants. And if you can vent out of the tent from the top it might help

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum