Indoor Strain

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by npizzle, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Im looking to start growing, starting with 1-2 plants indoors. Still tryin to decide on strain(s). Im looking for an indica dom. strain that gets no taller than 2-2.5ft., has very little smell, high yield, and is relatively easy to grow. Also anti-anxiety/stress/insomnia qualities would be a big plus. Ive kinda been thinkin' somekinda kush strain. Suggestions?

2. northern lights is a good, short bushy strain. minimal smell from what I understand. I have some seedlings about 4 weeks old today. I've been good to them, but they can withstand some abuse and keep on living. they say that NL was made to grow indoors. So far so good, and if you FIM them you can keep them low and bushy and if you're into LST, you can keep about anything short. good luck, I got my fem. seeds from nirvana, and their stealth shipping was sweet.

3. thanks yeah that was one i had been considering. btw whats FIM and LST?

4. #4 hermandamerman, Nov 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2010
    ok, this is good info, and i agree. also a great plant to grow that is short( never had one get over 2 feet tall), high yielding, low smell, easy to grow, and great for anxiety and depression is....

white rhino. this plant is great. kick ass dank too. you can top it, but i recomend not, just because it makes such a beautiful center cola. you can start flowering as early as you want. i started 12/12 at 13 days old, harvested at 70 days and got 3 oz dried on my first plant. got mine from nirvana also. oh and no mater what you read, its indica dom. i dont know where these people get thier info some times. straight up on the indica side.

edit: oh yea, and its also great for pain relief and sleeping disorders. before i bought the seeds, i got them for pain, but also suffer from anxiety/depression and insomnia. found out fast that it worked great for all of these. i have a friend that has severe insomnia/anxiety and a pancreatic disease. she gets buds from me all the time to sleep and so that she can get through the day without throwing up from the pancreatic stuff. she still hasnt ate anything in almost a month other than little stuff here and there, but it keeps her out of the hospital, well unless you hasnt got a bump from me.

5. awesome thanks. sucks about ur friend tho...ah the healing powers of weed...

6. FIM is basically topping the plant. after you get 5 or 6 nodes (nodes are new sets of growth on the main stem, at first they are parallel from eachother, and alternate back and forth from north-south to east-west until the plant matures. after about 8 or 9 nodes, the plant starts alternating and the nodes start to come out one at a time, and form almost a spiral) you pinch off, or cut off the most new set of growth while its still in its infancy. the point of this is to create two main colas, and can be done many times, but is normally recomended only once, although many poeple do it several times. my experiance is that yes you may have many colas, but the plant and roots can handle only so many buds, and the more you have to feed, the lower the quality. so i dont top anymore, and i just prune the lower sets of internode growth.

LST stands for Low Stress Training. to point is to afford the most light to the most amount of buds and to keep an even canopy so that all the nugs get the same amount of light.

i recomend that you get a grow mentor and read several of the stickies in the forum. a lot of your questions will be answered just by reading those. and then use your grow mentor for answers you can find by reading. also getting a grow bible and reading a book by seemorebuds will help tremendously.

7. hey man, any time. and she is getting better. and yes i love how weed helps, and different strains help in different ways. check out one of the threads in my threads list. theres a bunch of my friends in there posting what they are smoking. a lot of them are growers and you can get to know a bunch of guys that know how to grow some really nice dank. its called what ya smokin tonight. i also have my own thread called what did you grow. its for people to post what they are growing and answer any questions on how they did it.

8. awesome man i actually bought "the cannabis grow bible" a while ago its a great book, im still workin my way thru it. thanks alot for the help and info ill have to check out ur threads.

9. yea man. hit me up any time. glad to help