Indoor Small Grow Tent Setup for Beginner: Is this a good setup?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by organicgordon, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Ok, thinking about my first grow and have my supplies set up. I am limited to a 2x2 floor space, can't go much higher than 55-60 inches. Want to do all organic and leave the nutrients to the soil (buying premade to keep it simple and lower cost for my first round), wanted to gauge how my setup sounds:

Mars Hydro grow tent 24"x24"x56"
    HLG QB 288 135w Rspec V2 grow kit LED light
    timer for light
    some cheap clip fan for circulation
    smart fabric pot or air-pot (have both and am open to suggestions)
    potting tray
    coast of maine stonington blend organic soil
    some mycorrhizae innoculant (either recharge from realgrowers, wow wallace, or greeneden endoboost)
    kelp/fish meal for additive after nutrient depletion
    4" exhaust fan and carbon filter system
    Jiffy pellets, germination station, and heating mat for germination (might germinate in paper towel and plant directly in forever home, still deciding)
    seeds from ilovegrowingmarijuana.com (second place is seedsman, as ilgm auto seeds don't show ruderalis in genetics)

I am limited in my floor space, I plan on doing one plant at a time, and I am doing autoflowers to keep it simple. Is there anything any of you would recommend for my first grow? I think I have a good base, without breaking the bank, and maximizing what my alotted dimensions can afford me. Are there any things I'm missing or choosing horribly wrong? Thanks in advance for any input!

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 old shol4evr, Feb 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    delete

3. Dont bother with the tent with autoflowers. Find a safe spot in a corner and leave the light on 247.

• Like Like x 1
  4. @Killerbee4323 Why no tent with autoflowers? What if I wanted to grow some photos at some point?

5. True. But shouldnt need to block light with autos. Trying to keep it simple.

6. @Killerbee4323 thanks for the insight! :)