Indoor Setup Help for Beginner

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Isaiah4209, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Yo guys I'm trying to start my first indoor grow tent but I am not sure of all the stuff I need and it seems like there's not like a cookie cutter way of knowing what to get, at least from what I have seen. I am looking to spend between $500-1000 on the setup. Can fit any of these tent sizes 2x4, 3x3, or 4x4. If anyone could get me a parts list or just point me in a direction of help that would be greatly appreciated!

2. Lighting for a 4x4 tent 425.00 to 630.00 .
    You need 28 watts minimum per square foot of grow space of quality LED lighting .

• Like Like x 1
  3. Before you can order stuff, you need to decide on a grow space size.
    If you want a small space to grow for personal use, a 2 x 4 ft tent is nice.
    More work, greater expense, and bigger harvests can be had in a 4 x 4 or 5 x 5.
    Lighting is the biggest expense. Around 30 actual watts per sq ft works well.

I own a 2 x 4 and a 3 x 3.
    The 3 x 3 is suitable for 4 smaller autos, and the 2 x 4 for two larger ones.

Another thing to decide on is whether to grow autoflowers.
    I greatly prefer them because there's less to worry about.

Once you decide what to do we can give parts lists.

4. You'll also need to decide on grow style.
    Hydroponics and hydro-like setups will produce faster growth, bigger yields, and have fewer pest worries.
    But most people are more comfortable with plain old dirt.
    Others use dirt-less media like coco coir, perlite, and vermiculite.
    The hydro-like setups, hempy buckets and autopots, are very popular.

My preference is to use the simplest possible medium, water.

5. Ok confirmed tent would be gorilla grow tent 3x3 with 1ft extentsion. I do not have a preference yet between autoflowers/feminized reg seeds/clones but ideally id be wanting to get between 2-4 plants each time. Lighting seems like the hardest thing for me to know what to get because of how many options there are. Ideally I'd want to get a light that would be efficient for the whole growing cycle but it seems like Id need 1 for veg and then 1 for flowering. Id also be doing a soil based grow.

6. Spend the cash on quality lights mate.
    If smell is an issue then be prepared to splurge a bit for a decent fan/filter. Personally I recommend rhino Pro for that.
    Can build a tent for pennies.
    Get a quality pH meter and ppm meter.
    The rest of it is all cheap enough. Few quid here and there.
    Don't buy into snake oils. You only need basic nutes for a perfect run.
    Above all else. Keep shit simple. It's your first run. The less wierd shit you do the more chance of success there is.

If your planning on coco/hydro I can be of more assistance but I don't know much about soil so not the man for that stuff.

7. If your gonna grow soil with bottled nutes then your better off using coco mate. Much easier and a fuck load safer.
    Organics or "no til" growing is what you wanna be looking up if you want a soil grow.

8. Hydrogrow LED is decent and expensive, blue lab pH meter and nectar nute, with number 4 soil here