Indoor plant infested with bugs (pics) what to do?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by safiel, Aug 10, 2007.

1. I noticed specks all over my plant one day. These things look like eggs. Occasionally I would spot something about the same size, only white, the size of dandruff really, walking around.

I also took a picture of another bug. Not sure if its momma or just happened to be there. It's an indoor grow, so its really odd anything at all got in and infested.

I sprayed it with a garlic/soap/water spray as recommended by others but 48 hours later seemed even worse.

How do I get rid of these things?

2. Not sure, looks like droppings almost. I had what I thought was spider mites, and, if thet is what it was. The eggs? were clear, looked almost like little drops of resin, and only on underside of leaves.

A 30 power lighted microscope really helps identify them. SPider mites do not move real fast. If I found what I thought was one, I simply curled a leaf over and rubbed him with it. If it was a bug, they'd usually move.

I used Schultz Garden safe houseplant and garden insect spray and it seemed to work with two apps; one for adults and one for the upcoming hatchlings. Bought at Home Depot.

Hope this helps; Good Luck!!!!

3. Nice call!

I didn't think they were spider mites because there were no webs, but this morning there was a ton of new webs and the small, white spider mites walking in them. Looks like I caught them right as they are all coming out.

I bought something that specifically targets spider mites and in the meantime put one more coat of the garlic-soap mix, which I have doubts will do any good, but won't do any harm.

Thanks for the reply.