1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

indoor ph probs

Discussion in 'Indoor Marijuana Growing' started by NaughtyDread, Sep 23, 2003.

1. if you suspect a pH problem, and havent tested yet, but will be, what is the easiest and best way to adjust your pH on a soil mix?

2. HIGH All, first is to give your plants some PH balanced water...then take a reading of the water that drains out. Can't tell you where to go from here...untill you know if it's HIGH or low.

3. I have a vegging chamber set up, and the soil for my seedlings is almost @ 7 How do i lower it!
    thanks

PUFF! PUFF! GIVE!

4. 1/2 tsp of real apple vinegar per gallon of water, should bring it down for you.

5. HIGH All, for a better results...if you really need to Lower soil pH : (to make it more acidic)
    If your soil needs to be more acidic, sawdust, composted leaves, wood chips, cottonseed meal, and especially peat moss, will lower the soil pH.

Here's a link that may help a little more.

6. just a quick question while on the subject..

if growing in a soiless media, you would only have to adjust the ph of the actual water going in...right...

the perlite etc would not retain the high ph levels once flushed and given the ph correct water...

7. This is true, you only adjust the pH of your reservoir fluid.

BUT

(there's alway a but, isn't there.)

With any growing matrix such as perlite, rock wool, hyrdoton balls, etc. You need to put them in plain water and take a pH reading before using them. Rock wool, especially, is very alkaline and when you use it in your system it will raise your pH levels. So take your grow matrix, read it, and add acid or base to adjust it before using it. :D

Grasscity Deals Near You