Indoor PC grow, need some tips/advice.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by whereami, Aug 2, 2011.

1. #1 whereami, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2011
    Sup GC. I plan on running a very small PC grow, only one plant (I cannot be bothered with dealers in the UK anymore, it's terrible + I'm extremely hyped about starting my own grow, seeing the plants through and then enjoying the finished product).

The PC case itself will also then be in a closet. I need help preventing ANY smell whatsoever, I'm not joking when it comes to this, I cannot afford ANY smell.

Things I know for certain:

- Barely anyone will enter the room where the grow is.
    - No one apart from myself will open the closet.

So that means any light/noise aren't really a problem, it's just the smell I'm worried about.

I'll be making one of these: http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yours...arbon-scrubber-less-than-$40.html#post4534923

Are there any other precautions I should take regarding the smell? I'll be duct taping every possible gap in the case (apart from the intake/outtake fan) to try and prevent any smell escaping from there. (Obviously the outtake fan will pass the air through the scrubber)

Should I place a bowl of ONA gel in the case with the plant or would that be detrimental to there health/growth?

With the D.I.Y carbon scrubber in place along with a bowl of ONA gel inside the case, inside the closet and inside the room be enough to prevent someone entering the room from catching a whiff of sweet dank? (EDIT: Just saw the idea on a thread to grow a 'scented' strain, such as one that smells like lemons etc, then I could pass the smell of partly to an air freshener that I'd have in my room, would still prefer no smell at all though)

EDIT: I was thinking about purchasing one of these ([ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ozone-Generator-Purifier-Model-Black/dp/B004DIF6GS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312247540&sr=8-1]Mini Ozone Generator Air Purifier Plug in Model. Black: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics[/ame]) I'd say my closet is around 2 x 1.5 x 1. This generator outputs 50mg's of ozone per hour, would that be enough to make a decent impact on any residual smell from the carbon scrubber?

(I have done some research about the following things but direct advice is always a lot more helpful)
    Ok, so that's enough about smell. The next tip I need is about pH, can you get a pH metre that you just stick into the soil instead of having to flush your soil with water and check the run-off? I want to have the case open as little as possible to minimise smell.

Nutrients. This is a big thing for me, I have NO idea what nutrients to get, how much to use, when to use it/how often etc, any help with this would be appreciated.

I think thats about it for now, I will add more if I feel there is anything I missed out, the main concern is the smell though.

Thanks to anyone who read this/posted any advice, cheers GC.

2. Come on guys, I really need some help with this. In just under a month I'm moving into an apartment which I'll be sharing with my cousin (he's very anti-marijuana, he can't find out).

For anyone who says this is disrespectful he's paying me 1/3 of the total rent per month to live with me, it's a 2 bedroomed, 1 living room/diner/kitchen, 1 bathroom etc.

So yeah, please help me here guys, especially with the smell.