indoor/outdoor

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by iggypop29, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Hey yall. Ok so im going to start my grow very soon. The thing is i live in the northeast and i have to start inside. I just have a few questions... 1. I will start planting them outside in mid to late april- how big would the plants get if im just growing like 4 or 5 plants of headies? and 2. When i go to plant them in the ground, i know i have to put certain soil in the hole im putting the plants in, but is there anything else i need to do to keep my babies alive?

Thanks a ton
    - Iggy

2. #2 Corto Malteze, Dec 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2008
    -How big they'll be when taken out depends on the light you use for (with HPS they'll be bigger than with fluorescents or CFLs). I would start them with fluorescent tubes (cheap) with red and blue color range. They'll grow just fine for vegetation. Look in the indoor section for more info. The size also depends if you fim (pinch the tops) of your plants, if they're tall or short in genetics. And if you fert them with Nitrogen (begin when they're 1,5 -2 feet tall about and very diluted)
    For soil: try to keep the soil you use inside and outside the same so they aren't stressed. Also bring them out progressively (don't let them out on first nights). But don't add meals or ferts, shit, in the soil as seedlings. Possible soil mixes are:

For a 2'x2'x2' hole:

80 FoxFarmOceanForest 20 perlite or

40 peat +15 wormcastings + 10 blood and bone meal + 5 lime + 25 top soil/compost + halfshovel old horse shit or

40 Promix 10 blood and bone meal + 25 top soil + 1/2 shovel horse shit + 15 wormcastings + 5 lime + about 5 vermiculite for water retention.

Chicken shit and rabbit shit are organic and work well too (mj likes those 2). High in Nitrogen.

You can also just lighten the native soil with peat or promix (promix =peat+vermiculite+perlite+fungi) or leaves, humus, little rocks, dirt you gather there. Look for washed out ditches (you can get your dirt from there: free compost. Just make sure it's not from pine needles ---> acidic no good). Lighten if it's a clay soil, make heavier if it's sandy loam soil (add compost, clay).

Try to prepare your holes before end January so in May they're thriving with microorganisms and worms. Use old horse manure, old compost. Don't over do it with stuff and make it too "hot" for your girls. It'll work ok just with 100% store bought top soil (buy the good kind!). It's better to have a lighter weight soil (roots suffer from the weight of a heavy clay soil or top soil). The orgnice shit is broken up by the micro organisms (little bugs) into food available for the plants. The bugs also help retain water and protect the roots from bad bugs' attacks. That's why I'm going organic next year. With organics, you don't feed the plant directly with chemicals but you feed the little bugs in the soil who are very useful for your plants. Ok?

Later dude!