Indoor/outdoor

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Samanthagor1540420, Jul 21, 2016.

1. I have my plants inside right now have had them under one 1000w sodium Hal light for about 3 weeks under 24hr light. The biggest is 22inches tall, my question is how do I go about taking them outside and switching there light.

2. Just dig a hole and transplant.

3. It won't send them into flower??? Just sticking them outside???

4. It might, not much you can do about that though. Its almost August, its naturally going to do what it does this time a year, unless you add some supplemental lighting. I would put them outside in the spot that gets the most direct end of the day sunlight.

5. Or you can vegg them inside and throw them out when you get them to hafe the size you want them to be when theyre done.. they usually double during the stretch, not everytime but usually.

6. I just super cropped on my 25in tall plant wanting to keep them under the light for another 2-3 weeks but slowly lower the time of light to 12 12

7. It's too late now to START an outside grow. If you're going to grow outside, you've got to start your plants either in late winter or early spring to give them as much time to grow as possible before the summer solstice occurs around June 22 (you can check me on that exact date)....because after the point, the days begin to shorten in hours of light and your plant will go into flower. You have to have enough time to grow them in size before the hours of light reduce enough to throw them into flower. Light is everything to these plants. It controls absolutely everything about them and the more they can get of it, the better they grow. I think you need to do some reading up on the growing process. If you'll look on the "forums" page close to the bottom, you'll find the "beginner growers" thread. Go in there and read the "sticky's" at the top of the page because a lot of those posts is just general basic knowledge on the plant and how to grow it. There are also lots of threads about growing outside here too which you could pick up solid information from. You have to remember that not everyone who participates here is on the same level as far as knowledge and experience, so make sure that you vet the info before you do anything to your plants. People generally mean well, and most of the time it's just lack of experience or knowledge on their part when they suggest things. But there are tons and tons of great people on here who are experienced growers to the core who have journals and posts, etc. It all boils down to this: The more you know, the better you grow and it's all contained here on the forum for you to read and learn. If you start preparing now, by the time next growing season comes around, you'll be ready to really grow a plant or some plants. But now is just a little too late in the season to plant one outside and expect to get much of anything from it. TWW

8. Could I get them to hold off on flowering until than???

9. You can veg them forever inside.. if you're asking me if you can veg them inside for 3 weeks then throw them out the answer is yes. if you're asking me if you can throw them outside withought any light hanging above them and naturally keep them vegging for 3 weeks after being under 24 hours of light, its possible but I wouldn't bet on it.You also dont need to worry about going down to 12/12 if you plan on throwing them ouside, they usally flower when they start to get 16 ,15 , hours of light. That 12/12 thing is just a fake indoor rule it doesn't apply to outdoor. Weed will flower on many light schedules. More light builds toxins in the plant less light will release them. Hope this helps.

10. Okay that is the first time I have done indoor and I just don't know how everything works with it lol... I have always sworn by outdoor.