Indoor Organic Best Producing Strain?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by funkymonkey, Aug 10, 2009.

1. #1 funkymonkey, Aug 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2009
    I started off my first grow with not enough light, and i grew to understand that i would need more. Now, I have a 250watt HPS (Higher output spectrally enhanced bulb) with an inline coolable reflector, along with 4 high output single flourescent fixtures. With this current setup, I plan on making a box following the perimeter of the fluorescent lights....which would roughly be 30"L x 60" W x adjustable height.

In this 30"L x 60" W x adj. height, I want to get the most of my plants. Which brings me to selecting the perfect seed. I need help finding a strain that grows well in a completely organic soil setup, indoors, in 3 gallon pots, that will give me the biggest dry weight buds. Quality should be medium or better (12+ THC) and I prefer to grow a hybrid or indica that produces compact Large buds....

2. Bump...looking for strain that does well organically indoors and produces a large harvest per plant with medium to high thc

3. #3 WA-grower, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2009
    Hey funky.

While I dont have much to comment on strain wise, I do just want to give you a heads up. I am using a 400W MH in a 3'x4' cabinet and I really find it lacking in the last foot of the 3x3 area. I think if you try to stretch that 250W to 5' area its gonna come up a bit short. You probably were working around this with the floros..was just my .02c.

I know on my next grow im going to pickup a few strains from Mandala. They have some great hybrid genetics and are very highly touted on the boards....especially the hashberry strain. Ill probably do hashberry, mandala#1 and kalichakra.

Mandala Seeds

you can get them at attitude, thats what ill probably do.

*edit* I forgot to mention these are very light feeders due to the hybrid vigor. For me this is going to work out great it means I can add less meals in the beginning of my grow, and use less nutes throughout. Take a look at their stuff, it grows great!

4. mandala seeds are sweet but they are complete assholes. Try anything with a good calyx to leaf ratio. If the seed companies won't tell you an average ratio when you email them, don't waste your time with them (because they definitely know it).

But to actually address your question, the best producer I've seen for indoor organic was the big bud out of sensi seeds. 8 plants, 45-50g each, 400wHPS 12/12 after two weeks veg. That's over 2lbs/1000w in only 3.5 months!

Good luck!

5. Thanks for the replies :) I have been looking at Mandala seeds for quite some time and they do look to be some vigorous growers. They also have some strains that are loaded with THC!

I do understand that i am thinning out the intensity of the light by needing to light an almost 5 foot by 3 foot area, but that is where the high output tubes come in to light the sides of my plants....I am going to be purchasing a second 250 watt hps system in the very near future, though :) Just waiting for the summer heat to subside!