Indoor Or Outdoor? I`m Lost Here

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mrpipe, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Sorry if i am at the wrong category but i`m kinda lost here... i`m starting growing weed and i`m not sure what kind of growing topics should i find. Here is the deal.. I live on apartament, near the beach, which has the sunlight most part of the day... i have some vases and a varanda.

What kind it is? indoor or outdoor? what topics should i search for? thanks..

2. Well, if you want to grow inside of your beach apartment, then you're 'indoor'. If you want to grow outside on the veranda of your beach apartment, then you're 'outdoor'.

:hide:

3. Thanks for replying my topic. Could you suggest me any kind of seed for this case?

4. #4 Mr. President, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
    Usually the seed bank in which you're buying will allow you to search for indoor strains or outdoor strains. If you're in an apartment, then i'd assume you would want to search for indoor feminized seeds.

5. Mr president, even if i grow it at vases using sunlight at the varanda?

6. I would suggest growing a low smelling autoflowering strain on your veranda. It probably wont get sufficient light being grown inside the apartment using sunlight from the veranda.

7. There is some kind that i don`t need a large amount of sunlight per day? i think in this case i would have about 5 hours of directly, and it`s a HEAVY light.. that would be enought?

8. You'll need more than 5 hours of light per day.

9. How much sunlight do i need at vegetative growth? and this sunlight, needs to be directly to the plant?  i mean.. i have something like this: http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/veranda-view-thai-house-28917318.jpg

so... the sunlight after 12:00 am cant reach the plant directly.. but i think it has some fotons traveling arround. this is enought?

more then 5 hours directly to the plant?

Optimal sunlight, would be 'direct' sunlight, meaning unobstructed throughout the lifecycle each day. Sunrise, noon, Sunset. Can the sun reach your plant on your veranda for those daytime hours? 18hrs sunlight for veg. If you can't give it that naturally, you could supplement the extra daytime hours with some lights inside, but it becomes a real task dragging plants inside/outside.

P.S. You have a gorgeous view... not that I needed to tell you that. Wow, talk about a spot to blaze. :bongin:

11. Is this a troll?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. no man.. it isnt my view.. i take from google just to show you something like mine LOL.

if i dont supplement this extra sunlight time, i still got flowers but less, or the plant wont grow up?

why are you asking that? what i did wrong?

Well your plant needs time to 'grow', so that happens in your veg stage. Where abouts do you live? US? If you're growing outside from seed, depending on your location and how many hours of light you're getting each day, it might be a little late to grow outdoors....

Is there an issue you're concerned with about growing indoors?

14. yes... i don`t have the cash to buy the lamps right now.
    i`m not from US, i`m from Brazil.

So how many hours of light would you say you're getting down there? Is it the 'wet' season or 'dry' season? Are you going to be available to your plant to watch it and care for it daily, or this going to be an infrequent kind of thing that you check every few days?

If you don't have the cash to buy indoor equipment, then you gotta make the outdoor thing work. I have no idea about the Brazil growing environment. Since your original question was if you should be looking at indoor or outdoor, my overall answer would be...BOTH! There's a wealth of knowledge in all sections of this forum, and many of the same growing principles and knowledge apply and are discussed in both of these types of subforums here. You obviously would be growing outdoor, since you have no means of supplying life to the plant indoors, so that would be where you would want to concentrate your efforts as far as growing advice. Go visit the Outdoor Growing section of these forums and introduce yourself. You might find some other Brazil growers there, it's a rather large piece of land :lol: