Indoor Operation

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ZoSo2112, May 23, 2016.

1. I am a fella in Pittsburgh who is serious about major cultivation. Seeing as I live in the "burgh" I have a few challenges that I need information on for experienced growers. I will try to be as brief as possible. I'm planning on growing as many plants as possible in a room roughly 20x20 feet. First, what is the best soil to use for maximum yield and are five gallon buckets big enough for major good sized plants? Next, what are the best lights available for my operation? My last question is the most important one. I know I'm sort of not supposed to ask these next questions but obtaining seeds is my biggest problem. Do dispensaries in Colorado and other legal states sell them? Is ordering over the internet the best way to go? I seem skeptical over most seed ordering sites I've been on and never tried it. Anyways, thanks a lot for reading my post guys! Any information will help! Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. If you want best yields for space try bubble buckets (hydro). If not organic soil I hear it good (no experience) but alot of info on this site. 5 gal buckets are good I drill a ton of holes in the sides so roots can breath better (in soil) I have never grown in a 20 by 20 I think 1000 Watters would be your best bet depending on your budget leds would make less heat and power but cost atleast 5× more then a hid setup. For seed banks check out the section on this site I would order from within your country to avoid customs

3. Make sure u start a journal so I can check it out

4. But I would do alot of reading about growing if your going to drop that much money in a 20 by 20 room you should have at least 8-10 1000 Watters I would think that would be about 2500$ just on lights at the lowest

• Like Like x 1
  5. Welcome to an addicting hobby! And love the name ZoSo what a great album 2112 is, that album cover is on my skin permanently. Old fart like myself ic
    What i did was:
    Become a lurker on the forums of this sight and a few others. Read everything and learn what you can there are many styles and ways to grow all of them are/can be successful.
    The fairest answer is to decide what type of effort you can consistantly provide as every method requires different levels of engadgement/time.
    Make a plan and work it, stay inside of your comfort level.
    20x20 is nice going to take a lot of lumens to fill it up as far as pot size 1 gallon per ft of plant they say
    My style is the KISS method (keep it simple stupid), cause i aint so bright.

• Like Like x 1