Indoor No Till Hugel Beds

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by JMcGD, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Finally have some sun back today!:weed:

• Like Like x 2
  2. yes, more wood would or should be good ! :biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
  3. CD02CD2E-BC70-45F8-9797-581184867345.jpeg 405598D8-1107-4EF9-92E3-861FAFAD525C.jpeg
    Well...
    We’re at day 51 with the indoor Hugel bed plants and the rest of the room that got assaulted by my stupid ass and the over application of the thyme/ peppermint foliar. All in all I’d say I lost 30% of my harvest:frown:
    Still, the 70% that is left finished out ok and never did herm on me, so I’m thankful for the lil things! I’ll be interested to see how things test this time around. Maybe the stress will result in higher potency and better terps... we’ll see. They have been reeking pretty good:thumbsup:
    Here’s the two Cherry Queens and a Clusterfunk from Bodhi, they took the abuse better than the other beds and those top colas loom pretty good ( all things considered lol)!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
  4. POS phone...
    Uploaded everything all jacked up...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Hell yeah! Nice recovery, them colas look beautiful! Do you plan on growing or do you let hugel rest?

• Like Like x 3
  6. Normally, no rest. I’d be tp ing new plants in within days of harvest. But this time I’ve already started a bunch of 25 gall fabric pots into flower. ( I did this in freak out mode not wanting to run out of inventory)
    So I’ll run those in the flower room, just setting them on top of the beds this time. My older beds need some fresh material and I plan on removing 1/3 of the old soil and adding new. I’ll do this when I chop this harvest and let it age while the 25 galls flower out, then plant a new run in all four 225 gall beds.
    Hers a shot of the whole room pano style! 6D565A9E-E5A0-499B-894D-F763EB196DB5.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  7. Nice setup man!, You got alota good stuff going on, thnx 4 info :), I'm gonna spend summer building my beds, I need more wood:biggrin:

• Like Like x 4
  8. Yeah, I’ve been keeping plenty busy! I’ve got lots of pokers in the fire right now...

• Like Like x 3
  9. I built my outdoor Hugel last weekend!
    It was quite a job but I’ve ended up with a 5 x12 mound that’s nearly 4’ tall. I started with a 12” deep trench and filled that with aged and rotting cottonwood, nearly 1.5 cords of it. Then came some of the bark and duff from the same wood source, followed by a thick layer ( 2-3 yards) of the aged cottonwood chips that I’ve had piled up for a year and was super fungal laden. Then some of my own compost, around a yards worth. On top of that came a layer of aged leaf matter, and then on top of all THAT, a final layer of prairie grass hay.
    Probably just gonna let this age until next year, possible just throw a bunch of mixed seeds in there to get it going this year. Maybe sunflowers and mixed veggies. I’ve got two other hoopers going with veggies right now so I’ll let the Hugel chill for now. Next spring I’ll probably build a hooper over it too.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 7
  10. Pics...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 10
  11. Well, here we are. Day 63 in the Indoor Hugel Bed!
    I’ll chop tomorrow morning, ideally I’d wait another 4-5 days but they are close enough and I desperately need the inventory.
    The first Cherry pie looks good and done

8C73D6E1-34E0-4345-9F83-8188BB52C21D.jpeg
    The second one and the Clusterfunk could use a few more days...

6790C0BF-1D5C-4F78-8C31-55584438C18C.jpeg

But damn, that Clusterfunk finished nicely all things considered.

D4F31F34-1521-4609-9FE5-C846B974EFC4.jpeg

And here is the next round waiting to go into the beds!

7D1F3051-55C2-4B25-8790-2FD5C44B6BF3.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  12. Holy clusterfink!:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Wow things are really picking up. I need to update my journal and progress! Congrats!

• Like Like x 3
  14. C6782903-6127-41D7-88EE-0CA75CA1A396.jpeg Ok, I now have the second run going in the indoor Hugel bed. The three big plants in the first run, two Cherry Queens and a Clusterfunk from Bodhi, finished well enough considering the amount of abuse they saw. Of all the beds that got over IPM’d ( see above:thumbsdown:) the Hugel recovered the best. I got a decent yield off of all three plants, and so far it seems pretty fire. It’s getting tested as we speak.
    Anyhoo, the new run is in. I’m going with more plants in the bed this time, but keeping them smaller. Actually I wish they were a bit taller, but I had to flip the room and the other beds plants were plenty tall. This bed just has some shorter phenos in it is all. It’s a multi strain run too, so it might get a lil uneven in there, we’ll see. I have some Bubblegum (old school!), Cherry Moon Pie ( sounded good but a pissy lil bitch) , sunshine daydream ( oh yeah!), and maybe another, I’d have to check ( gimme a break, I planted like 45 plants this run:blink:)
    First week of flower...

• Like Like x 7
  15. Here’s the other three beds and some fabric pots. This will be the 10th run in the big beds. I removed the top 4” of soil ( nearly 100% ewc) and then did a heavy topdress of kelp , alfalfa , basalt , and a pinch of Borax. I also ditched the prairie grass this time. I did add 4gallons of leaf mulch to each bed and then covered that all up with a generous layer of the cottonwood/ aspen chipped material that has been composting itself for a year now. It’s awesome stuff, black and gooey with fungal hyphae, worms of all ages just pounding on it!:yay:

98B105EC-F45B-4671-B596-336B3F056012.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  16. You are a Plant God, Excellent job

• Like Like x 1
  17. Heh heh... far from it my friend, but thanks for the compliment!
    Half god half devil actually...:devious:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Looking great ! I'm just growing old at the moment , not a plant in:huh:, nice seeing yours tho, gotta wait for the heat to go:eek:

• Like Like x 3
  19. Yeah, it’s been hot and windy here too. I have some greenhouse plants that are doing well bet look a bit tired at the end of the day. I just added some shade strips to it, hope they do a lil better!

• Like Like x 4
  20. Here’s a pic of the Hugel bed. It got some of the shorter phenols put into it this time around. It also did not get heavily amended after the first run, which may have been a mistake. All of them are fading a bit. There’s two phenols of Bubblegum and a Sunshine daydream in the back corner. I’ve been hitting them with compost teas and extracts.

A1BC3AF1-59AD-48E0-904A-4AA8D75FB682.jpeg

• Like Like x 5