indoor lighting hps question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by highgrl1985, Jan 19, 2012.

1. i want to use a hps for my veg stage cause i heard that light is better then cfls but i also heard that hps is hotter then cfls and wouldn't it burn the plant? and sense hps is popular for veg. couldn't i just get the lowest wattage and use that as my veg. stage? and if you all ike the cfls better what wattage and also when do i need to start using my hps lights?

2. Yes HPS run hot but if you can afford a HPS and the items to run it, then you wont have to worry about heat issues. Start CFL and read up a lot more before the internet gets shunt down.

3. what do you mean before the internet shuts down?? and i was wanting to do cfls in the first place but everyone says don't do that do hps i don't have much money to spend that's what i wanted to do cfls

4. this is soo not true.

CFL's or florescent tubes will veg much better than an HPS system. I have done side by side comparisons and my HPS plants stretch like there is no tomorrow.

IMO, As long as you are using the correct spectrum, vegging is best under floros.

5. That's is also debatable nowadays..
    I started off with hps and its going really well and very quick but...
    I use a dual spectrum lamp in my setup so it works just as good from veg to flower.

Cfl is good also for veg with the right spectrum and lumen count yes.

6. what would be the right luman for the job. and the wattage

7. Just get a mh conversion bulb for the hps lamp and use that to veg. Then youll have more light and be in the right spectrum.