Indoor light / outdoor climate

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MBA, Nov 8, 2009.

1. I have read and searched for days, to see if this would work or be a waste of time and money. I live in central S,C. where the summer time temp. can and does reach 100 deg.F with humidity in the 90's.
    I am considering building a 6'x6'x6' high room under my house were, I was thinking of using a switchable MH/HPS 1000w for light. I could provide plenty of fans for ventalation, light cooling and air movement but would have little or no control over humidity and ambiant temp. I'm not really sure what the temp. gets to under the house but it feels quite cool when you go under there from outside.
    From reading, the ideal temp 75-80 deg with 40-60% humidity can't be met in this space, but would it be worth the time and money invested?
    ps: I failed a drug test 8 years ago, so I can't even smoke the stuff!!!
    But my wife still partakes, so it would be a hobby for me! I have really enjoyed all the reading and knowlede I have gained from this site.
    Thanks to anyone who would like to chime in.

2. #2 TheCareGiver, Nov 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2009
    well, during the hot times, are you guys running an AC? and if so what kind? does it run thru-out the house or just one of those window ones? I too, would maybe consider if possible, to have two rooms, or two rooms within the one. And maybe, if you have not already get two 400-600w 1 of each, for each room. lol then you can "keep it roll'n".

-one of each meaning, one HPS, and one MH, might even be able to get by with a 250w, but I would try to do at least 400.