Indoor Insects??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DevilRed, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Anyone ever have a run in with indoor insects?

Currently i have had a few plants that i dug up and brought in from outside growing extremely slow. I thought maybe they were root bound in the buckets...as i transplanted i noticed "grubs" I was like :eek: :mad: shit! Those little bastards are rooting around and destroying my root systems. I only found two per bucket and as i transplanted but there could be more in the root ball of soil.

Also with some of my other indoor plants I noticed some really tiny little bugs, like mits or such. Needless to say i got a bug problem that is slow'n my roll.

Anyone have a home remedy that wont kill my ladies. Im guess'n there has to be some sort of something in my kitchen i can mix with my water to kill these little shits and leave my ladies healthy. I prefer not to use harsh pesticide chemicals if possible being this plant material will be consumed by humans (smoked)
    Thanks all

2. Sorry 2 hear bout the bug problems,
    But since that dirt is absolutely thriving with life of all sorts, since it was outdoors, youre kinda screwed to be honest! Well, u can try a few things out but youre probably infested, u could definitely slow em down though!
    Maybe letting your soil dry out between waterings, not too much or you'll kill your plant so keep a close eye on it, that could kill a few of em anyway, and u could use some h2o2/hydrogen peroxide in your water as well, 5ml:1 litre!
    But if youre using organic ferts then u shouldnt use it as it will destroy all dead organic material im sure, including the nutes ;)
    Hope that helps!
    CWL

3. My buddy owns a lawn and garden business he filled me in with some good info.

Now as shitty as the few grubs are they are only a temporary problem. The few that are in the pot will eventually either die or mature into a beetle and then die. So grubs are a short term thing to deal with.

As for the mites and or other little insects he pointed me toward some pesticide that is safe for garden vegies so im guess'n its safe for my ladies. Even so i will use the lightest possible dose and see how it goes.