Indoor growing with outdoor sun. Need advice. (pics)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Thrashard, May 10, 2012.

1. Been going strong as of late. Don't know too much about growing, so anyone got advice? I'm open to any input.

Attached Files:

2. Looks a little unhealthy

3. #3 Thrashard, May 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2012

I'm not saying I don't accept criticism but I am saying that I don't accept criticism.

See, it's fine for you to voice your opinion but my primary focus is advice. So long as your post contains a bit of advice, and not just a statement of the picture, I'm fine with it. Though from this point on, I hope it's noted.

Now as for your opinion of it looking unhealthy. Do you base this on the droopiness of the plant, or some sort of blemish/marking that you saw? The picture was taken while it was sleeping, i.e. around midnight. So that explains the drooping.

One major thing I'd like to know is.. How long can it stay in this cup? Also, should I put holes at the bottom of the cup like I've seen in various other 'already made' pots?

4. Here is mother nature's miracle next to some newly sprouts, both are a little satisfied with the overcast.

Attached Files:

5. You defininately need holes in the bottom of the cup for drainage, otherwise you're asking for root rot.

6. Done and done my friend. Any other helpful tips or advice?

7. My friend once told me about marinating eggshells in water for a long period of time. Can somebody expand on the details of this particular procedure? I only remember the steps of collecting and mixing ingredients.

8. heres some advice... proof read your shit before you make no sense! :confused:

as for the plants yea they look cool sitting in the window but thats not gonna get you anything. unless thats what your after. i would say go outback in your yard somewhere dig a little hole and drop that sucker in the back yard! i mean thats not the absolute right way of doing it, but it beats how your doing it now!

9. I don't recommend to put in the ground right now because theres a 50/50 chance it could be a male and that's something you don't need in your grow. A male is like a bomb stay away. Also water them every two or three days when there in vegging 18/6 or 20/4.

10. It doesn't need proof reading. That's how I typed it.

The plant, as far as I can tell, gets enough sunlight.

From 6:30pm to Noon, it eats the sunlight from the front room window, then it's moved to directly under our sunroofs for about three hours while the Sun's about mid-day, lastly it's placed in the back room window to absorb sunlight from 3ish till the sun goes down behind the other houses.

11. Growing in a window is pointless. You will get nothing, but a lanky skinny, budless plant. Windows are made to filter out most of what plants need from the sun. If the windows didn't filter the light everything in your house would fade in a matter of weeks, and they would cause large temp swings in your house. Either take it outside, or get some real lights for indoor growing.

12. From what I've seen noticed is that the sunlight is blocked out by our blinds, or curtains. On top of this the window is open a majority of the time, thus only having one layer and that is the screen. While providing minimal shading over the plant, a majority of the sun shines through as I've said.

Now to get more specific, I've grown before. Indoor, with outdoor sun, so these tips that I am getting on 'moving it outdoor for outdoor sun' or 'leaving it indoor for man-made lighting' is nothing I need to hear.

Anything else? Maybe an answer to a question I asked? Maybe some helpful, little known tips amongst the growing community?

13. It is my bad however as I did just say window when I probably should have said windowsill.

14. The helpful tip I can give you is move it from the window. And check the attitude. We are only trying to help. You came to us. Many of growers, so they call themselves, have tried this with little to no success. If you want a 1/4 off one plant knock yourself out, but if you want a Q.P.or more per plant get real. And trust me the glass is not clear. I hear you on having the window open, but still in my opinion, which is all this is, it's a waste of effort.

15. Todder, where did you pull your information from about windows blocking what the plant needs?

It sounds totally ridiculous. There are windows, usually not residential, that have a coating to block UVB light. They still don't block UVA. We all grow with HPS lighting, and I'm not thinking that hps lighting creates these UV wave patterns anyways. Windows are clear, the sunlight is not changed in many ways other than refraction possibly.

Your house doesn't have large temperature changes because most windows are double or even triple pane. That's why old single pane windows in old houses or schools feel really chilly by the window as opposed to a multi-pane window.

Juan678, the ratio of male to female isn't 50/50 in my experience. It's more like a 25/75 mix. Plus, if it was planted in the ground and was male, you could simply chop the plant down.

Thrashard, even though these plants are receiving light, it'd be better to move them either outside, or under lighting. Your plants are getting a mild dose of the sun. If they were outside planted, it'd be consistent and natural. Inside may cause some issues. Your mileage may vary.

I'm unsure what you're soil you're growing in, but it looks kind of sketchy. If anything, go purchase some high quality soil , not Miracle Grow generally, from a reputable source. Big box stores like Lowes and Home Depot usually have issues with insects in their soils because they are stored outdoors for long periods of time. Google your area for a hydroponic shop, and go buy some good soil.

It really doesn't seem like you've done any research at all. Don't worry, it's super common. Growing good marijuana isn't easy, especially if you don't research. You better start enjoying reading, otherwise you'll never grow plants of any real worth. Go to Google, and search ''how to grow marijuana''. Read at least all of the links on the first page, start to finish.

Nobody here can grow for you. You're going to have to learn as much as you can, and then rely on a vast amount of trial and error to get good bud.

Good Luck.

16. Anyone ever heard of a "Light admittance #" Been building houses/installing windows for over 13 years, and my father has been the General Manager at a glass company for over 32. What you see as visible light through a window is much different to a plant. Plants see light in wavelength as we do not. For a plant sitting in a window is sort of like sitting in the shade. You can do a side by side with any houseplant. 1 in window, 1 out in sun. The one in the window will grow what seems just fine,but the plant getting unabstructed light will do much better. Not trying to bash anyones methods, or anything here I just know how hard it is to get top shelf product, and hate watching people set themselves up for dissapointment. Not saying it can't be done just there are much better methods.

17. Attitude? Based on what? Did I say something to insult you? Did I curse? No, I don't think so, but if you'd kindly point it out instead of complaining about it, maybe I could next time avoid saying it.

To me, it's all about how you, yourself, read the post. These are short written posts, not graphic novels containing in-depth meaning and emotion.

Point is, I wasn't trying to have an attitude, so let's just move on.

18. And for the last time, the window is often open more times than none. The picture taken was taken literally after they were just placed . The window had been open afterwards.

19. Now to address the outside issue. The outside, front or back contains several insects and spiders. And I do not have the funds to get the needed sprays/toxins to clean house. Nextly, indoors, I can not do with the electricity bill. Simple as that. :[

20. You wont harvest anything worthwhile if you're not willing to put in the investment.