Indoor growing for the first time

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by florida.state.amjdp012323, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Okay so, i live in tallahassee and i realized how shitty the weed is up there so i started to think to grow my own. i have my own place and it would be easy to get away with it. I just wanna have 1-2 plants thats it. Its for personal use nothing else. i was thinking on doing it inside my closet or something but im not sure yet. ive never done this before o i really need help and someone that knows about this to guide me how to do it so it comes out right. like what do i need to use? how to set it up up? what to get? what to do and what not to do all the basics. also just for curiosity how long does it take to gro and then after it gives you the first time how long would it take to give you again?

2. first i would determine your $ budget and then you can decide on your grow set up. and don't forget to allow for the cost of the electricity and water and nutrients.

also, before you decide on your grow system be sure to keep in mind the aroma even 1 or 2 plants will create. carbon fans are the best, but do not expect them to rid the aroma100%.

you need an oscillating fan to keep the air moving in the grow space but that's all it does - circulates the air.

your grow space needs to be completing sealed from light. and make sure whatever surface the plants will be setting on is able to drain into a container that can be easily emptied (assuming you will be using soil and not hydroponics?)

ventilation is super important. new air must be allowed into the grow space without letting in light. if possible, a duct fan should be used to remove humid, warm, oxygen-rich air from the grow space and force it to either recirculate through your home or be expelled outside. keep in mind how your "air" may affect your neighbors.

you will need to decide on your lighting (LED, CFL, HPS, etc.. - this is a topic on its own), a ballast, cord and reflector - these can be purchased together at most grow shops or online.

a timer is necessary to regulate the day/night cycle at the different growth stages.

some other things to consider; are you going to start from (feminized) seed or clone? the size of your grow space may determine the strain you choose (Indica - short and bushy vs. Sativa - tall).

you will need to know the quality of your water so a TDS (Total Dissolved Solid) pen is needed or water analysis report from your city water company.

a pH tester is necessary as pH is very important in the overall health of these plants.

you will need organic nutrients.

the grow period depends on many factors, but very generally from seed to harvest an average of 3-4 months plus an additional 2 weeks to cure the buds after harvest.

i hope this info is more helpful than overwhelming. i think i covered the basics but quite possible i could have missed something.

good luck!