indoor grower needs help outdoors!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by dr.worm, Jul 23, 2009.

1. So i just finished up my first grow which was mostly indoors. But for odor reasons, i had to move my plant outside for a few weeks midway through vegging. when i did this my plant doubled in size in just a few weeks. so this time i was hoping to do most of my vegging outside then moving my plants inside to flower. i know indoors you achieve flowering by shifting to 12/12. so i assumed the same held true for outdoors (meaning mid september when the days and nights are starting to level out). however, i read somewhere that outdoors weed will start flowering earlier than that. is that true? can anyone tell me approximately when my plants will start flowering outside? early september, mid august something like that? i want to move them inside before they start to flower cause they aren't quite to size yet. also, i live in the upper part of south carolina if that helps. thanks guys!

2. Sorry but they just banned a guy who would have gave you an excellent link on outdoor flowering. Most outdoor plants will start to flower late July or early August due to the decreasing amount of daylight not 12/12. Assuming you were vegging them at 18/6 or 24/0 yes they are going to start to flower. You should also be concerned about hermies by putting them back into veg and then flowering.

3. thanks for the response. so basically i need to go ahead and put them inside now before they start to flower? and if they already have i'm probably screwed cause i'm very aware of hermies and how much of a pain they are. this last grow ended up being a hermie and i jsut let it go so i could collect the seeds and i wont make that mistake again. damn it, i wish i had known all this before i started these last 3 plants... oh well i guess i should research next time

4. Why not let them flower outdoors? How old are they?

5. if they were old enough i would but they are only about a month old, less than a foot high. not anywhere near mature enough to flower. at least to my limited knowledge. what happens if i leave them outside? from what i understand if a plant flowers prematurely it is stressed and will most likely end up a hermie

6. i may keep them for a month or so inside then start flowering them and once i determine sex kill the males and put hte ladies outside and let them continue their flowering out there since odor does seem to be an issue with my half ass box.

7. Ummmmm... if you moved them outside during veg because of odor issues, how do you justify moving them indoors when they are flowering? dont ya know that the smell during flowering is like a million gazillion times more 'stinkay'? just a question :p

8. my scrubber was half assed and so i had to put them outside while i waited for better parts to come in the mail and get it built. when i brought it back in there was no more odor issue after the new scrubber. that is until the last 10 days of flowering, then the smell leaked out anyway.

9. Dr worm iv been told by my dad and my grandfather who r both certified hurdaculterists ( sorry for spelling ) that u cant actually stop / reverce the budding of plants if u bring them back indoors and put them under ur 18/4 or 24/0 lighting but u have to cut off any buds u might have now they say this works for regular plants like flowers and what not ... but i dont c why this couldnt work for pot 2 ... its something to think about anyways im not saying its 100% goin to work but it should like i said just something to think about

10. You can stop the budding process and put it back in vegetation. It takes a couple of weeks and does stress the plant. This process also causes a lot of hermies.
    Good Luck! :)