indoor grow tips

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by warjunkey, Aug 8, 2016.

1. I have been growing one plant indoors for almost 2 1/2 month, my plant and its leaves are small. the stem is very long and the leaves on the bottom wilt or dry up and fall off. what am I doing wrong?

Attached Files:

2. Over watering and a poor light

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks. should I stop watering for a week? I bought a grow light I was using the sun before

4. I agree it looks like you need more light
    ....get used to lifting up the pot and feeling the weight of it...try to water when it gets dry rather then on a schedule.

5. thanks y'all i'll let y'all know what happens. one more thing what do y'all think about miracle grow?

6. I don't think MG is a good choice for you also get a small bag of Perlite to add 20 % to your soil for better drainage to improve root development

7. WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST FOR NUTRIENTS

8. Nah, We used mg way back in the day, before it was the evil empire it is now , some decent results.
    But now with all the available options of nutrient lines , mg would be way way down on the list , if you start with a good quality soil, nutrients are rarely needed, and there is always the option to put your own soil together, organics are a bit scary when you first see the stuff you need to to it, but, it's nearly ( can be ) hands off start to finish, and all the stuff is pretty easy to source in a lot of places

Sent from my van down by the river

9. how do I put my own soil together?

10. Start by reading a book like Ed Rosenthal "closet cultivator", it will answer some basic questions with pictures. You can also buy a cheap 42 watt (actual) CFL from home depot for about $9, ship to store for free

11. Try gently questing the soil with a clean tool, screwdriver or something. Be carefull with the roots. Also, trim off the bottom stuff. That's where all the mildew starts and when you prune properly, you increase potentcy, in turn making the plant taste bitter to any peat as well as provide them w an unpleasant feeling from the pure strength of your plant. What are you using for nutes?

12. Coco husk, peat moss and perilite will make some nutrient free soil that will blow your mind. It's $1 a lb to purchase with the over the hill tax we pay here on the west side of CO.