Indoor grow questions? HELP! PLEASE!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DChief420, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Hello everyone its DChief420 I'm about 2 & half months in veg, "plant seem smaller due to lack of light in beginning weeks" besides that my baby is doing pretty well heath wise. Just looking for tips, and advice, but please not hating on my "small plant"[​IMG] please.

My setup list:
    1.# in a huge closet about 7ftwidex9ftheight "so I have plenty of room".

2.# I have a 12'' exhaust fan for clean air and to take out humidly in the room. "Room Temp is always about 70ish"

3.# Growing in Premium Miracle Grow Soil. "Great soil, but heard alot of stories of other peoples grows turning up bad, although I've had alot of experience growing in it so I've never had problems with it. I think people may over-water to much when using it, and don't realize MG holding water for a while unlike other soils do.

4.# In 4Gal Buckets with plenty of room to grow.

5.# 1 60Watt Soft white bulb, 1 85 Watt Grow bulb, 1 90Watt bulb. "I know everyone I need new lights but I need advice on great kinds, mainly energy efficient and not too expensive, thinking about some T5's?

My main question is when should I make it start flowering? I'm about 2 & half months of vegging now but like I said my plant is small due to lack of light beginning month. Also I haven't find out if its a male or female yet?

And before anyone says anything this is not a pic of my grow room just pic of plant under light to see! LOL:p:smoking:

That's pretty much about it, I've pretty new to growing but learning day by day and loving it:smoking::wave::hello::D

Attached Files:

2. T5's are imo the way to go for you... While I personally use HID and think it will yield far better results it is not as energy efficcient:( So if that is of concern than T5s are ur best option. There is a set of 4ft 8 bulb on ebay right now for 158... Thinking about buying them to veg under! lol! As for sex it is unlikely you will know it until flower. Flip the lights now:) With a careful eye you will know in a week... If you've truly vegged for 2 1/2 months than you might as well do it now and reap some reward!:) Just making the small investment in lights will pay huge dividends down the road! Im no expert but I flip at 6 weeks and yeild always over 12 oz in a 5x5 area... Happy Growing!!! b

3. #3 howando, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2013
    If that is where you are growing it, under that light, you can see it's not enough because some of the leaves have hardly any light. If your lights are above the plant, you might try adjusting them so you light it above from three sides at least.

I reckon this is what I would do with that plant. I would take some cuttings, probably trim the big leaves in half and plant them up for clones. Then I would throw this thing in to 12/12 and see how the rest of the grow goes and learn for when I put my clones through it, and get some bud at last. Then I'd get some lights pronto. I don't know anything about how many T5s you'd want, but if it was household energy saving bulbs you'd want at least half a dozen.