Indoor grow journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Maniaxx, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Here are pics of my grow area I have one mars hydro 300 watt n 600 watt led light grown in ffof in 7 g pots my plants idk what’s going on one looks better than the other with one just barely holding on can any one tell me what’s going on w my plants IMG_2458.JPG IMG_2459.JPG IMG_2460.JPG IMG_2457.JPG IMG_2457.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  2. It would appear the pot is too big for the pot. A smaller container will help with proper wet/dry cycles. With a big pot the dirt stays wet too long as the roots aren't there to suck it up and you end up with rot and unhappy plants. Yes you can start in a giant pot but it's much more difficult to water properly. Improper watering leads to many other problems that will look like deficiencies, or other forms of stress. Fortunately in veg they almost always bounce back.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ok so how can I fix the problem I don’t wanna take them out n put em in smaller pots what do you think I should do n what size pot would be best and btw this is northern light x big bud auto

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. I didn't realize they are autos, someone with more experience might help. I heard you start an auto in the final pot which makes watering a tiny plant kinda difficult lol.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lol damn yeah that’s what I did but I do think the pots are too big and they are getting nutrient burn or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. Again the auto thing makes it different.

Photoperiod plants in veg need no nutes at all just water and a basic soil like pro mix with perlite and some worm castings.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Give it water only for the first three weeks and let the pot dry out in between waterings also if you can drop your light a little bit

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. The problem is how much water? If he soaks that container it will be weeks before it dries out and those little plants will get waterlogged.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Okay sorry what size of space are here 7 gal pots in? Plastic or fabric pots?

Fabric allows your roots to air prune.

Here is the thing with autos any stress will stunt your yield and growth rate .

Autos like to head south so deep pots are best recommended I’m
    Not a pro by means but I grow autos for two years .

In pro mix hp and coco.

I use advanced nutrients ph perfect trio which saves me a ph pen or headaches .

Sorry ranting here .

So yes plant your autos in its f nap pots I like 3-5 gal max yes bigger pots more roots more fruits . But you need to factor in space and light power ?

I’ve never grown in soil. But if I was I would make sure my ph is about 6.1 ish at seed I would flush your ff soil with ph water like mentioned. Then drop the seed just over your thumb nail deep .

Ff soil should for auto get you liek buddy said no feeding base nutes until three weeks . Soil is slow. Go coco I’ll teach you fast
    Then give it a day or two depending on your environment . Learn to put pos on your scales that you would o step on for whieght s of you can’t tell by the plant ? Or lifting method ?

Do so for a bit maybe add some cal mag if under led after week one or two? Small amount introduce it kinda .

Less is more with autos. You can train them lst but like some strains not all autos will like it but most I’ve encountered have been good .

Too an auto between day 14-21 as they are on a time cycle you can’t control them .

Make sure your growing them under 18/6-20/4 lighting entire grow no going 12/12

But if you want you can for hydro purposes on pocket. But it can reduce yields from what I’ve seen over two years on 420 magazine .

Autos dont Need a set schedule but best is what I suggested above .

You get usually 5 weeks then they start to preflower on ya

• Like Like x 2
  10. Damn I’m sorry I’m just now seeing this and I think I need cal mag and I do know that I have to lower my lights and as far as the pots idk why fabric it is but it isn’t a smart pot it’s like rubber or plastic or something this is my first time growing so I already knew I was gonna fuck up somewhere and what do you guys prefer soil wise I have fox farm I’m thinking for my next grow to use coco or happy frog and also to mention I didn’t add any perlite could that be the cause of them being small and cause the leaves to start yellowing and dying off