Indoor Girl Gone Outdoor?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Squeeta, Jun 20, 2018.

1. So i recently got a new job, I'm a damn gardener now, legit shit.
    So my very first day there I am transplanting some stuff and low and behold, there's baby seedlings lookin at me.
    i say "Ahhh look at those babies"
    Boss says" those are my beans"
    So after i dig up my most recent pics of my "beans"
    I show him, he says"I knew you were fucking cool"
    So now part of my job description is helping out with these little gals,this is his first grow.
    I get them transplanted for him and all but now I have a problem, I don't want to look like an idiot but all my experience is indoor growing, controlled environment.
    How much different is it to grow outdoors?
    Nutes still ? Same nutes I've used? Soil? And training ? What about training?
    Defoliation?

And what a nice way to finish my days, get to skinny dip and relax proper.

• Like Like x 2
  2. So lucky, you get to grow for money. Outdoors is the same thing except more pests and definitely don’t ever exfoliate plants outdoors ever. If your curious about anything else just reply I’m always here... somewhere at least

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thats way cool. I grow the same ways indoors as I do outdoors I'm all Fox Farm guy and I use the same soil mix indoors as I do outdoors same nutrients same feeding schedule only thing that's a little different is if you're out in the heat your plants are going to dry out like everyday so then I only feed him like once a week and you need to look for spots for the right amount of light you know you're anything over 13.5 hours you're going going to stay in veg. Anything under and you risk flowering. A lot of people plant 420 because that's when you start getting enough light to wear your babies will not flower until the summer is over and you will have monsters you need to read up about stuff like that you're going to have bugs to worry about so you need to look into what you want to treat your plants with

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  4. Now if u guys are growing in the dirt and not in pots. U might want to learn how to no till and organic section

• Like Like x 2
  5. Right, I'm excited as shit to do what i enjoy and get paid for it.
    Blood meal? My sister says to use it as an animal deterant, makes them think it's a carnavor's den so they stay away, have u ever heard this? And I do have some experience with DE, so I'll prolly just use it for pests for now.
    And that's what I thought about defoliating, only reason I do it now is because again, I am creating their environment. My opinion was to stay away from it outdoors too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks Papa, you're always so wise.
    He wants to put them in planters, so i'll prolly just stick with what I know, all fox farm all the time, except the defoliation. hahaha

• Like Like x 1
  7. If you use blood meal or any type of meal make sure it is really deep in the soil as no matter what animals will try to dig it up. Use fences to keep animals out. Also DE only works for caterpillars not any other pests.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. My sister said to hang the blood meal in socks around the garden not put it in dirt.
    Hrmmm I’ve used DE For lotsa pests, fleas and roaches being some of them. So I can’t really agree on the caterpillar theory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Ok cool Fox does make I believe a Happy Frog outdoor soil amendment which can spruce up the soil a little bit without using full on bagged soil you can look into that too message me if you're stuck or something not that I know a lot but I'm just a hillbilly farmer good luck

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thank you as always.
    We have a couple weeks before i have to make him let me go get some more soil. I really like the strawberry fields. Its the only one i’ve used tho so maybe it’s time to try Ocean Forest or the Happy Frogger.

11. Some pics of my garden away from my garden. I’m lovin life. Cept it ain’t really my garden but it’ll do.

. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. We’re gonna put MaryJane up behind those trees at the top of the waterfall.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mix frog and ffof equally and add 30% perlite. Thats my formula

14. DE works on any insect pest that crawls on it or through it.

• Like Like x 1

15. Yea, that’s what i thought too.

16. BT pretty much only works on caterpillars.
    Bacilus thurengiensis. Works on soft bodies larval pests.

17. Is this a professional grow that is going to get the material tested? What state is this? Climate? In ground or in pots?

Your questions:
    How much different is it to grow outdoors?
    Yes very different. You are starting seeds, and it's already late in the summer so you are avoiding a lot of the early flowering issues that can happen if trying to grow to earlier in the year. Many things are similar to indoors, but are much more intense outdoors. Plants can grow inches in a single day, wind storms can destroy unsupported crops, pests are harder to control during certain parts of the year, ext ext.

Nutes still ?
    Yup, nutes. You will need to use the same principles as indoors. Same EC levels, ppms, aeration, proper mixing, same watering techniques, all just on a much larger scale. No idea of the scale you are running, but assume 10% total soil volume in water, every 2-3 days in a dry environment. (meaning 100 gallon pot takes 10 gallons of water every 2-3 days)

Same nutes I've used? You can, but depending on volume you might look for commercial nutrients. If smaller, yup, same stuff.

Soil?
    Find the best soil you can. This will make the biggest difference all year. Take whatever recipe people give you, then throw some gypsum on it. I can help further here if needed, but no idea what's available.

And training ? What about training?
    This is huge. If you are just starting seeds, you may have less work training and supporting the plants than some of the monsters you see on the boards. I at a minimum suggest some sort of caging as a main support. Whether it be a tomato cage for a smaller plant, or concrete remesh for larger plants. Lots of good techniques out there, but if you don't the first rain with buds on the plants will wreck havoc.

Defoliation?
    Always the inner 1/3 of the plant. That is akin to sucker branches on a tomato plant. Will only steal energy from the rest of the plant, and has a higher potential for bug/mildew damage. Keep that inner 1/3 clean.

Good luck

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Not professional, personal and in Pa. So it’s gotta stay descreetish and it’s humid here.
    Thanks for bringing all kinds of stuff to my attention, it’s what I needed.
    I think I honestly am worryin too much like I did with sexing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1