Indoor gardening without bottled nutrients

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jerry111165, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Lots - when I was using "Canna" hydroponic nutrients. Loved it as a medium.

I haven't used it in some years now though since I went organic.

J

2. Noob187 is currently doing an organic side-by-side with Coco and Peat, worth checking out he updates all day long and deff has his set-up dialed.

3. Thanks, I've been checking out noobs stuff, just hoping to find others who might be using it, I like to compare and contrast before I make my own soil. I really want to just mix in some coco with my promix, but at this point someone said it won't work.

Peace

4. It will work and it will work fine.

j

5. you think a 50/50 mix promix/coco?

6. SHARK BAIT WHO AHH AHH !!!
    it's my understanding that promix is mostly spagnum peat as well as some perilite. I've never used it myself but i pretty much make the same thing myself and i cut it about 50/50 with coco coir. I've been using it fine for years now :p I never measure the ratio i just keep mixing until i think it will hold enough water as well as drain properly. If your not sure then put some in a pot and water it like you were watering a plant and see if you like the results. check out my journal if you wanna see how i do it

7. okay I finally have everything I need to put my soil together.

today I will be mixing:

2 cubic feet of peat
    1 cubic foot of ewc/compost
    1 cubic foot of rice hulls

to that I will add 3 cups per cubic of my amendment mix which consists of:

epsoma garden tone
    kelp meal
    alfalfa pellets
    neem cake
    crab meal

minerals/pH stabilizer

1 gal of azomite (16 cups)
    3 cups gypsum

does that sound okay? can anyone confirm my ratios and what not? also I just got a tea brewer and want to start my mix off with a tea what should this tea consist of and how long does it need to brew?

thanks a lot!

here is the brewer I purchased

Amazon.com: 5 Gallon Cyclone Bubbler Compost Tea Brewer: Patio, Lawn & Garden

8. Nice!! Agreed!!:hello::hello:
    Nice thread Yall. Bumpty, bump ,bump

9. Thanks to your advice and others here I will not garden withouteither its in all my new soil mix that is cooking and almost ready. How you making the botanical tea with neemcake? just curious with the amount your using pergallonand how your making them im totally ignorant when it comes to botanicals i do aact well but all I have dove into so far.

10. Richard, regarding what I do for botanical teas, nothing, and I mean nothing could be simpler. I do this though, like I cook - I usually don't measure. If I were to, though, I would recommend an eighth to a quarter cup per gallon of water - maybe close to a cup in a 5 gallon pail of room temp water. Now for the tricky part -

Let it soak. ;)

Soak for several days to several weeks. What this does, vs straight, dry top dressing is to start the breaking down process quicker. You can notice the effects of a botanical tea that has soaked for a week vs using straight water - leaves perk up, standing up straighter, reaching towards the light, colors deepen, etc.

Neem teas (I use karanja as well just to mix it up) are an excellent nitrogen (and other elements) boost plus we get the pesticide benefits, which work wonderful against fungus gnats, Azadirachtin being a main player.

Yes - I highly recommend soaking and watering in neem cake.

J

11. Perfect timing!! Was hunting down some neem cake yesterday locally with no luck? Any sites or possible other places that would carry neem cake Jerry? Last stop is farm and fleet, them I'm outta luck. I figure their has got to be a reliable web based source.

12. http://www.neemresource.com/

13. Next question, how far does it stretch? Maybe ill just play it safe and grab a big bag.

14. The big bag will last you quality a while, Depending on how you plan to use it. But with you, Pops, and J passing bugs around, you'll need a bunch. Lol

Are you panning on doing a soil drench with it, or top feeding?

15. #996 LilJ86, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2013
    Ahh shit, their catchin on!! Lmao
    I feel a new sig quote commin on! Lmao
    Was gunna mix into any plants Gettin xplants or freshly potted. Was gunna top dress those already in their final pots. Now I also picked up some azatrol, will this be over kill? And I see the cake has a bit of npk, is it enough to knock my feedings down? Or should I just continue full feedings? Play it by ear maybe?

16. Yea, I don't know how that would work with your feedings, your gonna have to play it by ear, the NPK numbers are minimal at that. Sounds like a solid plan. I'd consider making a tea with it and soil drench, smells like the nastiest gym socks you've ever smelled, but is very effective used in this manner. Mix into the soil is a great idea, that's my main use.

17. Excellent, ill definatly try the tea. Any thoughts on the combine use of the azatrol?

18. I can't help ya with the Azatrol, never used it. Just Neem and Spinosad preventatives.

19. Alrighty, thanks for your help my good man!