Indoor gardening without bottled nutrients

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jerry111165, Apr 15, 2012.

1. well didn't some government bureaucrats recently broaden the definition of "organic" anyways? probably to make way for Monsatan's new "natural" agent orange resistant crops being sold as organic? ok perhaps that's being a bit conspiratorial but its obvious the corporate whores on capitol hill have no concern for the future, no moral compass.

2. [quote name='"NOOB187"']
    Yeah in some circumstances (like yours for example) but when I saw promix in the store it cost like $35+ per 3.8 Cubic ft and I'd rather use parboiled rice hulls anyways (cheaper & more sustainable) but if I was at home depot & looking for "aeration" I would look at some of their lava rocks & if they are too big you can just break them lol. So for you maybe its 2.35 but for me its retarded expensive. Compared with 9.99 for a bale + $2 for parboiled rice hulls & just having all the amendments separate makes more sense to me only because the promix is such ridiculous cost. If I could obtain promix for that cheap I would just do that but I can't so I guess everybody's situation is different in different areas? :confused:[/quote]

New England.

Was the ProMix you saw in an Orange bag? Or Green? Mines green and says Herb & Vegetables

3. I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure it was orange or blue or something like that.. are you buying it from a nursery?

4. [quote name='"NOOB187"']
    I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure it was orange or blue or something like that.. are you buying it from a nursery?[/quote]

Home Depot.

5. I want to try organics I like the low maintenance and how it saves money and you still get dank nug.

6. *Facepalm* thanks for the pointer Haggard, I haven't made my mix yet so this will definitely come in handy, in fact I'm considering going up there tomorrow & getting some while its in season. Its listed on their website as "Premier \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tPRO-MIX 2 cu. ft. All Purpose Growing Mix Compressed"& it breaks out to 4 Cubic feet... You say its treated with yucca? lol sold :smoke:

7. Jerry Great Thread for US, Indoor Bottled Growers :D

Right now I started a simple mix based on your inputs guys. Since I have a lot of Coco Coir left over, I'm using the Coir & Fiber as Base.

Coco Coir & Fiber
    Organic Compost
    Perlite
    1/4 Cup Garden Lime
    1/2 Cup Garden Tone

This is for 3 Gallon Mix each POT.

I'm doing trials with Outdoor plants. So far I have a few peppers, sunflowers and herbs. They are reacting very good so far. I have to mention they have been there for no more than 7 days, however they are thriving.

In additition, I have inside the tent a Organic Pineapple Express and she is GREENER THAN GREEN :D

Thumbs Up to Organics ! Right now I'm looking forward to taste the bud once is done, is going to be an interesting 7 more weeks.

Peace

ZS

8. #68 jerry111165, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012
    I want to try organics I like the low maintenance and how it saves money and you still get dank nug.

Stoned Prophet -

Dank? I like to think that this is "dank"...

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-...errys-organic-obsession-127.html#post14276723

or

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-...errys-organic-obsession-130.html#post14333438

Quote:
    Originally Posted by guerilla45

Hydro? not this guy, love me some clean burn, 100% organic goodness.

No bottles, no checking pH, or PPM, or TDS, no flushing. Natural and organic is THE only way to go.

Edit - Also, please keep in mind thaat the 2 plants shown above were Plants # 4 in No-Till 15 gallon pots, which means that 4 seperate plants were grown using the very same organic soil. Immediately after harvesting a plant, a small 1 gallon sized hole is dug out of the middle of the pot and a new 1 gallon sized plant is dropped into this hole and topdressed with some earthworm castings and the cycle begins again. Right now since these 2 plants were harvested several weeks ago there is plants # 5 in the same pots of soil.

jerry.

jerry.

9. [quote name='"jerry111165"']

Quote:
    Originally Posted by guerilla45

Hydro? not this guy, love me some clean burn, 100% organic goodness.

No bottles, no checking pH, or PPM, or TDS, no flushing. Natural and organic is THE only way to go.

jerry.[/quote]

That is an awesome sig quote isn't it? It even beat out LD's "I'm a thermal compost hater!":laughing:

10. HA!

I got it off of your Sig, buddy...*lol*

11. The next thing that I want to do in this thread is to list some links to some of the "better", or more pertinent threads and stickys in the organics forum here, so that anyone coming here looking fo answers can get some fabulous info with one easy click.

I'll try and get that done this afternoon.

jerry.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Zero -

you have the basics going on right now - kudos to you man.

As time progresses and as you can afford it, pick up a different organic ammendment. Next week pick up some Kelp Meal. The week after, or a couple weeks later, pick up some good quality earthworm castings. The week after that, find yourself some Azomite/Rock dust - and so on and so on.

Before you know it your shed will look like mine...*lol*

Topdress a little bit with the ewc's. Do the same with the kelp meal. Make a tea with the kelp meal by soaking it in water for a couple of days and then root drenching with it. As time passes read up on ACT's (Aerated Compost Teas) - you can make unbelieveable compost teas with some earthworm castings and a tablespoon of molasses - it costs almost nothing to make and the benefits of breeding the bacteria are fantastic.

Slowly work your way into this. Before you know it you'll be growing the very best dope around. Organics work that well.

Good luck man. Do alot of reading in the organics forum. Let me know what I can do to help.

jerry.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Do you guys have any experience or advice dealing with the product "miracle grow organic blood meal";; they carry it at lowes. But is it really organic and legit?

14. [quote name='"NOOB187"']
    *Facepalm* thanks for the pointer Haggard, I haven't made my mix yet so this will definitely come in handy, in fact I'm considering going up there tomorrow & getting some while its in season. Its listed on their website as "Premier \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tPRO-MIX 2 cu. ft. All Purpose Growing Mix Compressed"& it breaks out to 4 Cubic feet... You say its treated with yucca? lol sold :smoke:[/quote]

Haha

Well at least we could come to an agreement. I dont cook more then 4 cf in a go so ProMix is all day for me.

You will notice the yucca helps when you first wet the soil. Shits a sponge.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I'm not sure if its organic, but Scotts (miracle grow) is owned by Monsanto (the most hated corporation in the world) so even if it is do you want money funding those corporate terrorists?

16. [quote name='"2Bugs"']Do you guys have any experience or advice dealing with the product "miracle grow organic blood meal";; they carry it at lowes. But is it really organic and legit?[/quote]

If you can, my advice is to stay away from anything MG makes. Including Bone Meal.

Even if it is organic, which knows what the cows were fed before the slaughter.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jerry, are there different guidelines for the indoor growers with limited space and small containers, less than 3 gals etc.

18. Read here - its a real eye-opener regarding anything by miracle grow/scotts/monsanto.

I personally dont like blood meal. I use alfalfa meal insted - under $15.00 for a #50 pound sack.

I say no. Same diverse soil mix. Diversity means everything. A little bit of everything organic you can lay your hands on is a good thing.

One of the fantastic things about organics - The plant and the microbes/soil life know what the plant needs and when it needs it. The trick is to have everything the plant and microbes need in the soil, and then they (plant & microbes) simply take it when they want and need it.

They know much, much better what they need than you or I do.

When it comes to hydro/chemical salt based grows, its up to the gardener to figure out what the plant wants and when it wants it, and thats not always easy, and then we need to rely on and hope that the nutrient companies have taken care of business in thier mixes. By going organic and having a diverse soil mix we can leave all that heavy lifting up to the plants and microbes.

jerry.

19. [quote name='"badboy287"']Jerry, are there different guidelines for the indoor growers with limited space and small containers, less than 3 gals etc.[/quote]

My friend has the small issue as you. I had him buy 3gal Smart Pot (air pruning fabric pots). Since you can only use a small amount of soil id invest the 6 bucks and buy some.

Small containers mean better chance to get rootbound, the Smart Pot will stop that.

Also I will be posting a DIY Wick Smart Pot Organic No Till around here soon.

• Like Like x 1