Indoor gardening without bottled nutrients

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jerry111165, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Thanks. :thumbsup: I was worried about overdoing the nutes, my norm. I thought my r/o water may have been leaching nutes? a bit of both? :passing-joint:

2. When I recycle my 5 gallon pots I add 1/4 cup each of kelp meal and neem cake. I also add 1/2 cup of ground malted barley. When I transplant I always put about 1/2" of vermicompost as a top dressing. I've been using the same soil for over 10 years.

3. Check on the kelp, neem, no malted barley, A-Z down to earth $$$, ewc,bat guano,the kitchen sink :rolleyes: Haven't killed this grow yet. lol

4. Does Anyone know what's a good nutrient line for coco autoflowers, I used dry maxibloom, I get the fattest frostiest nugs but they never taste good. Always a lil harsh and if there is a taste it's just regular smoke. One month in to a cure and it's like laundry detergent or nothingness. I grew some end game from ethos and planet of the grapes, punchline rbx, Spanish moon and og/peach cresendo they all smell different except the same two phenos but!!!! They all taste the same like rotten fruit laundry detergent and the grapes plant takes like hooch as well. Nasty. Wasted months on junk I don't want to smoke on top of the fact I flushed and harvested properly. 10% amber 3 week flushed. Edit: running fast buds strawberry gorilla, gorilla cookies and banana berry punch. I'm done with ethos and photoperiods for now, waaaaaay to long for essentially nothing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I initially started out with Fox Farms and it does good. But if you want to see great result give Flora Flex a try. I been growing in small 2gal pots due to space restrictions and been pulling 1 1/4oz each plant.when I was using Fox farms I was pulling 1/2oz. Also this depends on your method of growing (let,fimming,etc.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. I know this is an old thread, but I hope it is still somewhat active. I’m currently looking for a nice organic nutrient line. I’m in week one of veg. So I have some time, but I’m thinking about possibly top dressing with Gaia green. I don’t want to use the bottle the fox farms anymore. So much salt build up. I spent a lot of money on all different fox farms nutrients in the past and it seems like you’re probably just get away with tiger bloom or grow big. I also got the three powders open, Sesame, churching and beastie buds.

7. We need to boycott Foxfarms. I mean it works but the salt build up is crazy. !! I’m gonna look into Gaia green

• Like Like x 1
  8. I don't know if you mixed your own soil or not. I mix my own soil and during veg I top dress with alfalfa meal/pellets. When I flip them I top dress with fish bone meal. Using bottled nutrients will build up salts over time. I've been using the same soil for 10 years now. It still just takes water to grow my ladies. Here is a link to how I mix my soil: Pakalolos Organics For The Win

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Unfortunately, it’s too late for that for me. I’m using Foxfarms happy frog. Kind of a last-minute decision and the only one I was positive I can run my photoperiods in fully.

10. I used GH's Flora Grow series, including CalMag and PK boosters for flower. Cut their recipe to 40% of what they recommend and see how she's handling it...adjust as needed.
    IMO, you should replant her into an active organic environment. If that's not possible try organic for your next grow and good luck! Don't forget to overwater slightly so you leech the salts from the soil.

11. #4091 buckethead129, Jul 25, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2023
    Actually, now that I think about it. It’s not too late at all. I’m just being cheap because I have enough happy frog to fill about four or 5 5-gallon pots —I’m only in week one of veg still in solos. I suppose I can get a supply of. Some good living organic soil is there any that’s prefilled bags that I can purchase anywhere? I know a good soil is mostly made over generations. But I’ll take whatever is commercially available. So even if I use organic nutrients in the Foxfarms happy frog soil matter correct? But if I can purchase an organic soil. And in organic nutrient. line, I will do that. I just want the best final quality.— all the good packs I get. From flower to concentrates— are always boasting about “live organic soil grown “ I also have a friend who is a grower/breeder n he’s been using the same soil for generations

12. Doesn’t Gaia green make a Organic soil?

13. Organic growing helped me boost the potency of what I grow. You can learn with salts how to grow the perfect plant, but IMO, organic is what these plants truly need. Just add water and top dress as needed and let the plant feed itself

14. I use Coast of Maine's Stonington Blend, which was designed specifically for cannabis. Amazon carries it.

15. God dammit I’m kind of kicking myself my local Hydro shop had that one. I was unfamiliar so I went with happy frog maybe I’ll go back and get it.

16. This is exactly what I wanna do. I don’t care that I have all that Foxfarm soil I wanna go back and buy that Stonington blend. Can you please let me know what you feed with as well? Honestly, I just want to follow a simple routine in some organic soil. thanks for the quick response as I haven’t even gotten over to the tent yet today.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I have an unopened huge bag of Foxfarms, and then like a half of one of the smaller ones. I don’t care though they have that coast of Maine about 20 minutes away from me at my local Hydro shop. I’m gonna grab some. I’ll just use the Foxfarms for seedlings. I plan on ordering a lot more strains after this headband.

• Like Like x 1
  19. If you do you won't be disappointed. Be sure to get their pelletized organic plant food and you did say youbhad fish bone meal I believe for flower. They also carry fish bone meal. They also carry a liquid Squid product which I use.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Not a huge deal now. I have a big bag for seedlings. Happy frog is fucking amazing for seedlings. Are used roots organic in Pete pots one time and they yellowed n slowed growing SOO quick. turns out the pH of those peat pots drops as they degrade as soon as I put them into 1 gallon plastic pots they perked up. I was telling my body today that I’ve never had such healthy seedlings as I do right now. I’ll keep the happy frog for a future see things, and maybe clones. I’ll have to get a batch of that coast of Maine. “
    * kicking myself* because I almost got that instead of Foxfarms, but I went with what I knew dammit Dr. David why didn’t you come onto this thread sooner? lol jk