Indoor gardening without bottled nutrients

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jerry111165, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Huge Thanks to you Jerry.

That's twice i've come to your thread in almost a panic and left reassured and calm about my issues. You rock!

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Yeah, I'm still around but not posting much. I've shared all my knowledge so at this point I would just be repeating myself. Learned to grow eatable mushrooms during the pandemic. I'm also the head gardener for a 502 cannabis site. I've shutdown the cellar grow. Even though I'm retired I stay busy.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Good to hear from you pal.

Be healthy and safe.

j

• Like Like x 1
  4. Good to see so many faces still about!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I had this problem as well..I used yellow sticky traps, fan blowing directly on plants for few days and diatomaceous earth, and lots of sitting and watching and killing by hand..lmfao..but within 2 weeks they were all gone..I still lighly treat with DE once every 2 weeks just in case a few might still be left in the dirt without me seeing..its been 1.5 months now and haven't seen one since..hope this helps..x

Sent from my SM-G960W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  6. I

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hey, I'm very interested in going the organic route but am sketchy about the ingredients needed to mix into my soil. Is there a list available and where to purchase these things?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Head over to our Organics subforum - theres great simple soil recipes and good folks.

Here: Growing Organic Marijuana

Best of luck.

j

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. trying to get into organics but i unfortunately have softened, salty brackish water due to being near the coast. it has basically a lot of sodium in it with a high pH of around 8.

i really can't figure out what to do about water? i hear you can't use distilled or RO with soil (not sure why?)

bottled water apparently isn't good enough either because its just tap water?

anyone have a solution to watering in organics?

• Like Like x 1
  10. If you build your own soil using excellent compost then you don't need to worry about pH. The micro-herd will manage it for you.

Some bottled water is tap water but if you're concerned about chlorine then you can bubble it. I think some bottled tap water removes the chlorine but you would have to research to find which brand does that.

Using distilled or RO with soil is okay. I use well water that has a pH of 8.2 without any ill effects.

Whatever you do watch your results and make adjustments. It's a learning process and there are a lot of variables in growing cannabis. Over time you will find your groove.

• Like Like x 4
  11. thanks for the reply! It’s actually not so much pH I’m worried about but the high salt content which I’ve read can lock out Potassium and build up in the container over time which can alter the ph after awhile?

maybe it wouldn’t be so bad if you up pot multiple times and flower soon after the final up pot..

• Like Like x 1
  12. Find out what your local farmers and greenhouses do.

j

• Like Like x 2
  13. You can absolutely use RO or distilled water. I have similar issues with bad water and have had several successful grows using RO water. Small RO systems cost around $150 US which will pay for itself over time compared to buying water from a store.

Other options would be to collect rain water - just be sure to store it out of sunlight otherwise it will grow algae that can then change the pH.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Hello,
    First just want to say thanks to Jerry for this awesome thread. I like many others got suckered into bottled nutes when I started, but stopped after one feeding because I burned my plants and it just felt… weird haha

im very interested in a no till pot or bed for my 2x4 tent next round. My question is what sized pot and how many would you recommend for a 2x4 tent? It might just make sense for me to get one of these 2x4 living beds made of pvc and canvas

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hello and welcome to gc, if you type in search " Scooby Doo" he's got all the info for what you need, journal n pics. I bin doing no till sipps in a 3x4 ,PVC cloth bed. When you get your watering dialed in , it's just sit n watch. I use a mini float valve to auto adjust water intake , coming from a 50 gal reserve barrell. I love it

• Like Like x 1
  16. So I found the member and nether don’t have any grow journals or anything really. Is that the exact name?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Woops, btw, Scooby's in Israel, things mite be a little crazy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1