Indoor gardening without bottled nutrients

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jerry111165, Apr 15, 2012.

1. OMG, one plant from my last harvest wouldnt fir in there. i remember thats exactly where i started. actualu a closet but same size. u running autos?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. I’m happy to help as much as I can - I’m just flat out at work right now but yeah - no problem.

A well made and dialed in organic soil based on quality components can be a truly magical thing - strong, healthy and vibrant plant growth that can rival and exceed the most expensive hydroponic system - and all with keeping it moist as needed with tap water and no worries about checking or adjusting pH or PPM meters - it can amaze you with the most vigorous growth with never a worry about deficiencies or silly “cal-mag” - or flushing - or jeez different nutrients or this or that for
    Veg and flower...

And then you can use it over again

And again

And again...

J

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Not yet but I have some coming to me real soon... auto skunk and pineapple slick femenised and NLxBig bud auto...13 in all... I have a plant growing right now that I got out of some OG Kush... Had 4 seeds and 2 popped,one of them died and the other lived!!! It's a real trooper! Now I just hope that it's a female...heres a picture of it...didnt have a pot big enough so I had to improvise!!! 1522970203903-839781525.jpg

4. ha! i had 46 in milk jugs just a month ago. improve is our thing after having to think up ways to smoke when out of papers:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yikes!!! How big is your room?

6. i have 3 rooms (10×10ft), and a 4x8 tent. right now 14 strains.

7. Nice...maybe one day

8. No,thats too much!!!

9. I have nutrients from a organic hydroponic store. its all natural and organc. no synthetic. it's my frist grow. so i cant complain. its a local store so asking and hgetting great advise from local growers makes it a plus.

10. This is where I am right now... Organic soil and some earthworm castings, even have earthworms in the soil!!! And yeah,im running autos now!!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. This plant turned out to be male... Had to go...

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Good luck Frank! How are you liking running the Organic soil? Ease of use? Plant health? No buying additional bottles, checked no or adjusting pH, no flushing blah blah blah... :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. #3773 ILGM Will, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    4f8fa1840b28a3ef0d175488462f6ce7e7638235_1_375x500.jpg
    I always grew 20 plus plants, now i'em down to 10 plants and getting twice the yield. My next grow i'll be using six 30 gal smart pots. As you can see The bigger the pot the bigger the plant. Plus using my super soil. This is my Blueberry from ILGM Seed Bank in a 30 gal trash bucket.
    The second pic are all in 7 gal smart pots and are all the same age.

4f8fa1840b28a3ef0d175488462f6ce7e7638235_1_375x500.jpg 141557a97a8017b9034eb3c913b2f61c492bb68b_1_374x500.jpg 141557a97a8017b9034eb3c913b2f61c492bb68b_1_374x500.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. Nice job @ILGM Will

Remember - the quality of your soil and in turn the quality of your plants will always and forever come down to not the amount of soil amendments but instead the quality of the compost and/or vermicompost the soil is based on.

J

• Like Like x 4
  15. #3775 ILGM Will, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    Jerry11165
    Thank you for that my friend. soil and pots can make or break your grow as in yield.
    Here is a pic of my clone and seedlings from the Fruity Pack From ILGM Seed Bank

IMG_20180616_053207.jpg Jerry111165

• Like Like x 1
  16. Well said we do everything in house and only buy a few bags of dr earths dry ferts. Feed the soil

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mixing your own high quality soil based on rich living compost and casting with a few basic soil amendments such as kelp, Neem cake, my own favorite; chicken manure pellets etc is probably as easy as it gets - and plants just thrive on it.

Store bought “organic” potting soils that are being sold at The Hydro Store are a sham and a joke - losing steam at the critical point and forcing the gardener to go out and buy bottled nutrients to continue - and while being charged big money in the first place?

Mixing your own with quality inputs is so stupid easy - if more gardeners realized the sheer plant health gained by using homemade organic soils there’d be happier gardeners out there...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Awesome advice Jerry!

If I hadn’t already been doing this, I would have followed your instructions to the letter for my next crop!

Luckily, I was taught this by an old grower 20 years ago (who’s still going strong). Believe it or not, he was an old Hells Angel who’d “hung up his guns” raiding big underground growers (like me now—gulp!) to grow full time for his chapter of the Angels. He told ‘em he was sick and tired of ripping off hardworking Marijuana farmers who were just minding their own business trying to earn a living. He convinced his chapter by pointing out it was more risky than profitable when they could set up their own massive large scale grow from what he’d learned from these honest guys. This guy was a real character, a real Robin Hood and he’d go back to the guys he ripped off as an Angel and helped then get set up all over again and not be bothered anymore. In return, they taught him all their growing tricks like you’ve done for us here! I met him in a bar when I was still in college and got to be friends and he showed all these tricks he’d learned and natural organic growing like you’re doing Jerry was the main one!

So to all the newbie growers out there reading this, Jerry’s right on the money and you won’t go wrong following his advice—and you’ll save BIG TIME DOLLARS while you’re at it!

Over the years I added my own new organic tricks I’ve learned from other underground growers and now my harvests are even better! So as a thanks to your awesome confirmation to what I’ve been doing Jerry, here’s some new tricks you can try! So all you newbies out there who’ve been wasting your money on bottled nutrients listen up!

I can sum up my new tricks in two words: fish and birds! These two different types of animals allowed me to go from a small commercial grower to a nice tight large scale secret operation! So Jerry’s right: with the right organic soil mix you can forget about buying expensive bottled nutrients but with fish and birds he, and you guys can take your grow to a whole new level!

I have a big aquarium in my living room and 2 100gallon tanks in my grow full of big-ass fancy gold fish! Every week to keep their water clean I siphon out their droppings from the gravel and this “dirty” water I use to water my plants. But its really an explosively powerful nutrient tea. Into this I add the droppings of my two Cockateils—luckily they shit in two specific places as they fly around the house and I just scrape it off and add it to my nutrient fish tea. Try this, and you won’t believe your eyes! You’ll have the biggest Buds you’ve ever grown! Stinky sweet and sticky full of resin. Your Buds will be so loaded with crystals and resin you’ll need grid lines to keep your plants up in last month before harvest so they fall over from the sheer weight of your flowers!

If you’re a hobby grower just one nicely set up 20-50 gallon aquarium will do just fine! Your new fish will be very relaxing to look at and be a big hit with your company as they’re sampling your Buds which will blow their minds!

Do you hand-trim yours Buds now? With this wicked new trick you won’t want to! Just the act of trimming will waste all that nice sticky resin onto your hands or gloves if you use ‘em. When I got really big I got automated trimming machines but my nice honkin’ sticky dry Buds jammed up the blades and wasted the resin! Luckily I found a new trimming machine that doesn’t use blades. It trims my Buds by tumbling them in a cool mesh drum which LEAVES all that gooey sticky sweet goodness on my Buds NOT on my hands! It’s called a Toms Tumble Trimmer and trims just as fast as those expensive bladed machines I used to use without jamming up or needing any maintenance. I got 5 now and they’re all running perfectly just like when they were brand new 3 years ago!

And if you’re just a hobby grower, they make a cheap little “table model” for small loads which will trim your Buds just like hand-trimmed only SUPERNATURAL in potency cause all their juicy resin will stay on the Buds for smoking!

And whether you’re a hobby grower or a big commercial grower like me, your TTT will pay for itself after your next harvest in all the resin and crystals it saved you. If you love your Buds now, just wait till you’ve tried fish and bird droppings in your water to your own natural soil mix for your next grow using Jerry’s soil recipe and a TTT to do all your trimming! Then get ready for the rewarding supernatural thrill of smoking/vaping them!

• Like Like x 1
  19. My plant is coming on its 4th week of veg and has shown preflowers, spotted them 4 days ago. They do awfully remind me of nutsacks but i've never seen signs of sex before switching to flower. Any insight?

Attached Files:

20. That looks like a male to me.

cannabis-preflower-comparison.jpg