Indoor gardening without bottled nutrients

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jerry111165, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Yes this would work with organic nutrients being used but would not be sufficient to use water only.

I highly suggest getting a sack of chicken manure pellets (pretty cheap at most garden stores) as well as some Kelp meal.

Do NOT add any kind of wood chips/shavings to your soil mix - this will suck all Nitrogen out of the mix due to the high cellulose content and energy required to break down the chips/shavings.

J

• Like Like x 2
  2. I should have quoted my first message in my second. I have those things for my supersoil I wanna make. When I add those to the bottled nutes medium should let it cook also? Or good to go for planting? Also can I get one of your awesome supersoil recipes. I have all my ingredients listed for it in the first quote. The second is the stuff I forgot for the supersoil. Also the bottled nutes medium question. thanks Jerry

3. I am working today but if you would send me a PM later as a reminder I will help you get through this.

J

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks Jerry! No rush, im sure you are busy man like myself. I'll send that tonight and just get back to me when you have the time. I still have a permanent room to build and get through my first grow in general. Plus this little soil experiment. I appreciate your help and can't thank you enough for it!

• Like Like x 2
  5. #3725 storz, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    yes, you are missing my used underwear, it helps blooming and helps in insect protection.
    Sorry, man just bringing some jocularity(pun intended---I am killing myself here). I am just getting into the organic world and doing my homework now.

6. Hey Jerry how's it going? The plants love the organic soil! This is a learning and evolving experience and lots of fun. I used to grow heirloom tomatoes in DIY earthboxes, so it self watered and kept the soil moist at all times. Do you do water from the top, soak it good and let it dry out before watering again? Or try and keep it relatively moist at all times? Are the good guys dying off by doing fewer more thorough waterings or would it be better to keep it moist at all times?
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I agree with you 100%
    when I did my first grow I was using the very same material as you are. all I did was water my girls.
    All organic is the way to go.

8. [
    I too have grown for some time and as Jerry I to grow the very same way no nutrients all I do is water when needed. When your ready i'll be more than happy to share any info with you

Will

9. I started 2 50 gallon tubs of soil in September, I'm using most of 1 tub on current project. The plan is to use the 2nd tub on the second run and take what's left from current project and rebuild with all the amendments again so it's ready for the next run. Question is, is the oldest stuff from September still ready to go or do I need to boost it with some organic fertilizer before I use it and after a run does the old soil even need to be reworked and amended or is it good to go?

10. Sorry about the delay! Your second tub is good to go. Regarding the used soil, this should be just fine to use again also although it will never hurt to sprinkle a little of this and that just to keep the microbes active and working.

J

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thank you, finally got ahold of some chicken manure, gonna give it a little boost and include that, here is what I got going on with your soil recommendations...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nice job!

J

13. I started with Fox farm ocean mix. I haven’t added any nutrients, just water and they look happy. So just maybe adding on the top manure is an option ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. This is my first try period, used to grow a lot of heirloom tomatoes. During the summer I started researching best, cheapest, bang for the buck etc...came across this thread and decided this was the best way to go. I think the idea is to boost the soil with a diverse mixture, create an awesome environment for good bacteria, microbes, etc. And get your soil to a level that all you do is water throughout the grow and then use the soil overy and over.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Would anyone know if I need to add nutrients to Fox farm ocean mix? I’ve read to start after 30 days but is that necessary since fox is organic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. How do I get phosphorous. Like right now ! I have a bunch of dying plants 3 1/2 weeks old.

17. Hey, Jerry could u post one of ure good soil mixes ,I am a first time grower since now it’s legal here in California.If u can PLZ post a mix , so I can start buying all the ingredients. I’m located in San Francisco, ca if any one has any recommendations of we’re to buy all the organic ingredients.

Thanks

18. #3738 Flexinmyderf, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    I wouldn’t presume to know what Jerry would directly recommend, but I’d imagine he would attempt to point you toward the first post of :

No-Till Gardening: Revisited
    No-Till Gardening: Revisited

This post took me down a wonderful road. Very informative. A great mix is there, along with a basic outline of how to do everything you want. It’s a wonderful steppingstone if your looking to go into the world of organics

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thanks for the info

20. Guys first off there’s NO such thing as ORGANICALLY grown cannabis! Find me The organic element of nitrogen, potassium or phosphorus in the periodic table of elements. There isn’t one. That being said... I can’t argue and I’ve proven that soil grown cannabis is the best quality and boldest flavor profile. But if that’s what you’re growing for ie Head stash! Keep doing it! But you’ll NEVER see dirt in any commercial grow!!! EVER!!! In any commercially grown crop in greenhouse or indoor. There’s a reason and it’s called YIELD and CONTROL

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1