Indoor and outdoor plants question or two!

Discussion in 'General' started by Smithy1, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Hey folks I have around 4 weeks left off flowering on my plants on my indoor garden, I have 2 big plants that have been growing outside here in the U.K and have done rather well after all we have had a brilliant summer here in the U.K they are not autos they are photoperiods and they have only just started showing white pistols and I don't think they are going to finish in time before the dreaded frost comes along, Question is can I just bring them inside and put them automatically on 12/12 and the buds will be a bit better than if left to do outside? I have another light inside that I can use to flower them, Just seems such a waste to leave them outside if the frost comes soon.

2. Yes bring them in

try and match the current day length to the timer indoors

to prevent any chance of herming

a temp gauge and small fan are ideal

good luck

3. Top stuff cheers ill bring them in a few day time when inset up my light I also have a few fans doing nothing to.

• Like Like x 1
  4. As vostok mentioned you can certainly bring them inside to finish and they will do better than they will through a frost. However, you are also risking the introduction of pest and disease to your inside garden. Personally I either refrain from bringing in any outside plants or place them in a quarantine area for a few weeks. Since you are in flower you just have to weigh risk vs reward.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hmmmm interesting post, I think I will bring them in in around 2 weeks time apparently we are going to have at least another few more weeks good weather in the uk, I just don't want them to go to waste they are lovely plants very nice and green and healthy looking , I need to set up their space anyway and I'm a bit busy with work at the moment so I'm sure a few more weeks out won't hurt them, I planted them out in mid June and they are only just showing white pistols now, is this normal? And if I do leave them outside To finish I don't think they will finish anyway will they with them just showing white pistols it was around a week ago that I noticed the first few so if they do finish I've worked out it will be middle or the end off October and the weather here ain't to good at that time off year, Anyway Ill bring them in anyway ill start on there grow space soon it's a old tent I have along with a old light.

6. For outdoor plants "normal" depends on your location. I have no idea on amount of light per day you might get there in the UK. Genetics plays a factor as well. In general photo period plants will not be in flower until A) They are sexually mature and B) The daily light cycle drop to between 12 and 16 hours per day. We use 12/12 because it garauntees that pretty much and strain will flower. However some trains will flower with a longer light cycle due to genetics.

7. Cheers buddy, I looked up how much light we are now getting a day in the uk and it's around 13 hours and 11 dark but I believe I read that on this site it *noted* on the that we get 12/12 light on the 26 September it was or something along them lines. I should of put them out a bit earlier we have had a scorching summer for uk standards, ill leave them out another two weeks see what happens with the pistol side off things and see if any flowers start to form then stick them under my lights.