Indoor and conservatory grow of Skunk No.1

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Studorspud, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Hey Red, just to reply to ya edited question (was ya stoned, doesnt matter man its a good look here) i aint too interested in yield this time all i want is to find the fems, clone em and sell the males to a friend. Hence why im starting em at roughly 10".​

I am right that sativas stretch like fuck an indicas are stubby plants?Im hoping the plants dont grow much beyond 2m.​

To anyone struggling to take pics with the light on, get a dark pair of sunglasses an cover the lens with em. I worked that today whilst chilling in my grow room!
    I took some pics to show you all.​

10052006(002).jpg
    10052006(005).jpg

Attached Files:

2. hey studorspud, sunglasses in the grow room, oh for sure! but... over my camera... oh man, this is such a good idea, brb... hehe.

hey works great! +rep , haha. anyway, ya sativas usually stretch 3x their veg height, the rule of thumb. my plant, Lunah, i vegged her to 18" cause i have a total of 5.5 feet height, and she filled the whole thing! hehe. but ya, your typical indica will grow to 2.5' total.

nice pics man, now just waite for the fireworks to start :) :) keep it green, peace bro

edit: oh btw, i always need to edit all my posts, cause i either leave something out, say too much, misspell stuff, hehe, etc. so... *shrug* just one of those things. doesn't change much, thou... usually

3. Hi everyone, been shopping again, got a new lamp some clonex and a game called grass. The plants are looking really healthy and are loving the 400w HPS. Its been about a week in 12/12 so im studying them closely to see if they are fem's or male's. Ill post some pics tomoro as its feeding time for em.lol.
    Ive noticed that the two i potted in a different compost without pearlite are bigger with more growth and are bigger than the other 3, does pearlite really help then?

4. I'm pondering that myself... I have two plants right now growing under almost identical conditions and one is significantly more developed than the other. I say almost identical because I mixed the soil different for each plant's pot. One has more pearlite in it and coincidentally the plant growing in that pot is developing much slower. :( Perhaps I added too much pearlite(about 40% pearlite w/a 1/8 inch layer at the bottom).

In anycase, good luck with your grow.

5. hi about your skunk#1 plants wen is the best time to start them on the hps mine are under flourescants just now and are 3 days old ther are 7 and the biggest is about 2 n a half inches :D how much would u expect to get from each plant in yield ???????????yoor plants look like they are doing well :cool: any advice you could give would be much appreciated :smoke:

6. Hi. TBH i dont know too much about skunk #1 coz this is my first grow with it but i put my plants under HPS after the first leaves proper leaves reared there pretty selves. As i read an understood from the advanced growers section, as soon as the plant is green it means it contains clorophyll(spelling) which is what the plant uses to produce sugars(food). I
    t depends on the setup too as to how much you yield, some say a gram per watt but ive never been able to prove this coz i havent grown the same strain in the same conditions. Ill be well chuffed with 250g per plant with this grow, maybe more on the 2nd.
    GrandPewpil, its wierd coz everyone says use pearlite but after this grow i am tempted not to use any or use very little in the next grows. If there are any experience growers with info on this then i would like to hear your results.
    Many thanks.
    Spud

Will post photo's in a few mins.

7. hey spud,:wave:
    just read your journal from start till now,nice grow dude,hats off to you,

my name is earl=funny as fuck,classic programme:D

ive also got skunk#1 they are 4 weeks into flower at the mo,didnnt use any pearlite with my grow and theyve turned out pretty good for my first grow so far,
    here's a pic of 1 of the buds,,sorry for the poor pic,had to take it on my phone,i put my hand in the pic to give some sort of idea of the size of the buds

http://forum.grasscity.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/9956/cat/500/ppuser/29023

keep up the good work dude,,will be keeping and eye on your grow
    take it e z,,,laters:smoke:

8. I dont know which order they are in, i sort of lost track of which one is which too, think i took 40+ photo's whilst watering. After studying them today i found a fem and a male, im gonna wait a few more days til i clone any of them just to make sure i get the right ones. Plus before you say they are looking droopy or under watered, they are! I starve the bastards of the food they deserve.

15052006(009).jpg

15052006(024).jpg

Hey Badgers Nadgers, cheers for reading my thread. I hope my plants look as good as yours, are you in soil or hydro, i would like to know how the plant reacts to both forms of growing. It seems this grow is just a huge experiment!!!

15052006(028).jpg

Attached Files:

9. [quote name='Studorspud']

Hey Badgers Nadgers, cheers for reading my thread. I hope my plants look as good as yours, are you in soil or hydro, i would like to know how the plant reacts to both forms of growing. It seems this grow is just a huge experiment!!!

hey spud,,thanks for the compliment,mine are in soil,
    its a very forgiving plant to grow and great 1 to start a first grow on,

i couldnt see any thing in ur journal as to if ud tried fimming or lst,would definatley recomend fimming next time round on your clones,btw i used clonex and its worked well for me,,

will keep watching,

,take it e z ,,laters:smoking:

10. Hi. I pulled the male out today an stuck him in the conservatory, might make some butter when hes a bit older. Im still waiting on the other 3 to show signs, guess which 3 im waiting for, the ones in pearlite/soil mix.
    I got some clonex too for when im ready to cut, i guess the plant takes well to being cloned? ive tried a form of lst this time round by movin and tieing branches to each other to get more light to the bottom new growth. I will try to use LST next time round as it looks like the results are worth it.

C'yall soon. Spud

11. hey spud,

gutted to hear you got a male dude,lets hope the others are females

yeah you shouldnt have any probs taking clones from them,i had %100 sucess((spelling?)) rate with them,
    when you do clone you should find that they will root by 2-3weeks,when i was clonning i couldnt find much info on the subject as to how long they would take to root,

i tried 2 different ways,

1st i tried the basic way of taking the clone(using the usual method of puttng the cutting in room temp distilled water or even water that has been left 24hrs for the chlorine to evaporate,then into the clonex ,then into the soil) and left on 24hrs light in a propagator,

2nd way i tried was get some clear plastic cups,fill them with water as above^^^ but add a weak dose of grow/veg fert to the water,take your clone,dipp it in the clonex and then put it in the plastic cup water and leave it there to root,(imo this is the best way coz you will be able to see when the clones starts to form roots and then put into soil),also the part of the stem that is in the water will start to swell and look like if it is about to go manky/rotten,,thats fine ,,its just about to root DONT THROW IT OUT,

im sure that other people have other ideas but found this worked well for me

give both idea's a go and see which works best for yourself,,,hope this helps
    keep us updated

take it e z,,laters:smoking:

12. hey grow is looking good! sorry to hear bout the male... i just got done greiving mine :( lol but yea keep up the good work!

13. Hi again, thanks for stopping by again Cody, i have some good news. I have 3 females now and one thats still unsexed, well chuffed! The male is loving the conservatory, its been really sunny and hot for the last few days. My friend came over today and tried hagglin to buy my ladies.NO CHANCE, he'll have more chance of getting a needle from a skag head.lol.

14. Hey everyone. Just thought that whilst feeding them all this morning i will take some pics to share with you all. I dont wish to flood this post though with 20+ pics of them though so ive selected the best 5 pics for you all feast ya eyes on.

05052006(004).jpg

05052006(011).jpg

05052006(014).jpg

I had to tie one down as it was a good 6"s higher than the rest and was causing me grief with the light, i didnt want to do LST this time round but i guess practice makes perfect.

Well thats all for now folks, ive discovered that the four remaining out of five are female or at least showing signs(im worried about a possible hermie).

Attached Files:

15. 05052006(016).jpg

When you are in deep shit, say nothing, and try to look like you know what you are doing.

:D

16. Those plants are just exploding with growth for only being 2 weeks old!

17. Hey shmoker, i wish they were 2 weeks old with that much growth, they are just over 5 weeks old now, the last two have been in 12/12 i think. Thanks for stopping by and come back again sometime. Have you got a grow on the go?

I did the LST on the lanky one 36hrs ago and the results are close to impossible to describe. I liked the results that much i did it to the rest of em 24hrs ago and tbh i cant believe how quick they adapt and grow. I will post pics soon of the 'S' stems soon.

Q. Are you meant to tie them for 48hrs an un-tie them or keep em tied down?

18. nice looking plans

good luck
    zozo

19. Just a few pics, im sort of in a rush to go out, i promise you all loads of pics real soon. Spud

24052006(002).jpg

24052006(003).jpg

20. Hi again everyone, hope ya all well (an truly stoned). As promised in my last post ive got a load of pics for you, theres nothing new to really report apart from the one in different soil has a good growth and structure advantaqe over the other 3. Youll see in the pics. They are into week 6 now (3rd week of 12/12) feeding using atami's nute schedule.
    My clones aint looking too good, but hey it was my 1st attempt an they havent died yet but they are not looking spectacular.

If ive got this right this is the male ive been keep in my conservatory and bedroom on occasions.
    28052006(001).jpg

This is the one in different soil.
    28052006(003).jpg

The lanky plants i have tied down to slow upward growth.
    28052006(006).jpg

28052006(009).jpg

And a group shot of em all.
    28052006(011).jpg