Indi's Organic 500w HPS Grow - Reserva Privada & DNA Genetic's PURPLE OG #18

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Indi, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Hello there!

This will be my fifth grow, with the best gear I've had so far.

The journal will be following the life of 6 "Purple OG #18" plants, all feminized.

About the strain

Reserva Privada Purple OG #18 is a combination the 3 time Cannabis Cup champion The OG #18 and one of DNA Genetic's best selling strains Purple Wreck (Purple Urkel x Trainwreck). The end result is a grapey and fuely tasting flower, that boasts a flowering time of just 8 weeks.

The Equipment

Lights - Two 250w Dual Spectrum HPS lightbulbs.

Reflector / Reflective Material - Double Cool-tube. Grow room covered in ORCA reflective material (94% reflectance) best I could find.

Ventilation - One 125 m3/ph RVK intake, & one 100 m3/ph TT extraction Fan.

Carbon Filter - 5" Rhino Filter.

Soil & Nutrients - Bio Terra Plus, along with the Canna Bio range of nutrients, all of which are organic, Yummm.

I've also just purchased an Aeroponics kit for the seedlings, figured it wouldn't hurt to give them a good start, plus it'll come in handy when the cloning begins.

Got the seeds today, currently germinating. Will add some pictures up of the grow space shortly.

Stayed tuned, Indi :smoke:

2. Yes for pics. I got POG18 at about 2 weeks from seed going right now. I see this is your first post so hopefully you will stick it out to the end as growing is enough work as it is but documenting it adds an additional layer of commitment :smoke:. And with strains such as this with little to no grow info to go on, all that more important to get some fully documented grows going.

Good luck, subbed here.

3. That was one of my main incentives to create the journal, when I searched for the strain and details of it I found barely anything, for a strain with such awesome genetics I was surprised.

So yeah, I do intend to keep the journal updated as often as possible, I do work alot but have commitment to my grow too, perhaps even more so than my job :smoke:

Cheers for the support brother, glad to have you with me.

4. Alright so let's start this thing.

Wanted to upload pictures days ago but came across some problems when trying to upload.

Anyhoo, some pictures of the grow area, the equipment and of course the babies.

We've got the Dual cool tube there, holding 2 x 250w HPS Dual Spectrums.
    The 4 plants you see are some small Blue Mystic's I popped in about a month ago. Just a quick one to grab some nice bud.
    [​IMG]

The 100 m3/ph RVK Intake
    [​IMG]

This is where the intake and out take leave & enter, the intake comes directly from a unused chimney, so bringing it fresh air constantly. The out take get's flooded into the roof, after being carbon filter'd. The whole process seems to keep the room at a constant 27/28c, raising to a moderate 30c on hot days.
    [​IMG]

The 6 buds-to-be. 3 days old from seed now, each one germinated fully within 24 hours and popped through the root riot's within 48, pretty impressive.
    They're all currently sat in an Aeroponic propagator, useful for seedlings and especially clones. The tank currently has 10L of pure water in, with 2ml of Canna-Start. Going to up the canna-start another 2ml later on this evening. Eventually having 8-10ml in the 10L reservoir.
    [​IMG]

Lil' baby [​IMG]

The roots are looking very healthy already, each one having a nice long strand coming out the bottom of the Root riot.
    [​IMG]

That's all for now folks, if anyone wants to know or see anything specific, just let me know and I'll try my best to provide.

More updates in a few days.

Indi :smoke:

5. wheres the update big guy?

6. Okay, firstly, Hi again.

Secondly, sorry for the complete lack of updates, life's kicked off quite a bit.

So, I have a spare 10 minutes so I figured I'd throw up some pictures just to keep you all happy before I add a more detailed update later tonight.

All 6 have been transfered into large 11L pots.

They're all looking, In-cred-ible..

Not a yellow leaf in the pack, one plant has been through hell and back (I'll explain later) and she's looking like one of the best of the 6.

As for Phenotypes, it looks like we've got a very dominant OG #18, and a couple of dominant TrainWreck's. Tiny stalks, huge budding sites.

I've also made a ScrOG, took me a good 5 hours and cost about £20. It's doing an excellent job, all of the top colas are bent down at a 90 degree angle and are now all travelling horizontally along the screen. Exactly how I planned it.

So, pictures.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll update properly later tonight with Nute schedual, ScrOG materials etc, and try my best to remember the growth up to this point so I can give as much information on the strain and it's growth characteristics as I can.

Been an absolute pleasure to grow so far, very forgiving and extremely vigorous growth.

Stay tuned..

Indi :smoking:

7. any update? I'm growing this strain also

8. I figured this would happen.
    I just harvested this strain and is drying now. couple pics in my journal. Will do a proper right up as soon as it is cured. Very very dank smoke from my samplers though.