Indie

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Budwisesir, Jan 23, 2009.

1. i don't know what indie means any more. but i listen to lots of bands that are often defined as indie...

pavement
    guided by voices
    the replacements
    the smiths
    built to spill
    sebadoh

2. Hey, I guess you could say I listen to a lot of independent/underground stuff.

I listen to:

Pavement
    Dinosaur Jr.
    Sonic Youth
    Sebadoh
    Radiohead
    Deerhunter
    No Age
    Pixies
    Of Montreal
    The Black Lips
    The Flaming Lips (definitely check out Christmas On Mars, I saw it at Lollapalooza)
    Broken Social Scene
    The Arcade Fire
    Sufjan Stevens

and much more.

3. Death Cab for Cutie... that all i have to say, i think they are great :)

4. I actually didn't like it.....but the title of this thread is itching me to name indie bands i listen to

why is the thread titled indie? the band is "the submarines" playing a cure cover....

5. Hey daedelus, how is that new Animal Collective album? I haven't got a chance to pick it up yet but I've heard good things about it.

6. hey guys im in a band (wheres lawrence) touring this summer though Indianapolis and Philadelphia then to new york to record our new album. please check us out and add our myspace and if you have a venue in mind near you please tell me about it so we can come near you.

myspace.com/whereslawrence

thank you.
    :smoke::smoke::smoke:

7. Damn dude, I dig that. I added you guys on myspace, and I'm willing to discuss a show with you if you want.