Indie Hip Hop

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by GlowingOrange, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Hello my name is Suga Jon. Heres some of my music. Post feedback, or your music.

A Hundred Thousand | Suga Jon

Peace.:smoke:

P.S. follow @NMArtDealers , facebook.com/sugajon

-SJ

2. How is that indie at all?

I'm not that big of a fan of "money rap"

And no offense, your name is comical; in a not so funny way.

Props for recording and puttin in the effort though, thats what its all about, personal satisfaction. Just not my cup of tea, I don't mean to bash you for it though

3. No offense man (and i really mean that cause I enjoy the instrumental, and i think you use your voice interestingly here) but I didn't get anything out of the song. From a listener's perspective, this is the type of rap that has become a commodity by today's standards.

But I really do respect you for taking the time to write and record this, that's what I want to do with my music.

4. Well thanks for the feedback @ least u keep it real.

Im curious what is your cup of tea??

5. this is good... i feel like im cultivating growth from your feedback.

heres a newer track than that other one

Lonely Shadows-Single | Suga Jon

keep the punches coming!

6. yea i dnt see how that indie at all.........it sounds like more of the same

u wanna reach ur listener why dont u rap about something real? something that we can relate too

i dnt have 100 bitches, impalas or 1000000000 dollars and i doubt u do ether and that makes u fake.

just cuz ur a rapper doesnt mean u have to be full of urself dude.

7. whether or not i have a hundred thousand dollars is besides the point......Thinking im actually "Suga Jon" is like thinking johnny depp is a real pirate . Hes an actor and so am I. Acting to be "Suga Jon" -a greedy, lying mainstream rapper.

My goal was to paint a picture of the modern human condition.
    and it looks like i got my point across..... maybe im not a greedy, lying rapper, - --maybe im an artist depicting one, so well,... that you cant tell the difference..

maybe you missed the point.

8. When it comes to hip-hop, I like Illmatic, and Eyedea. Things of that nature.

9. I don't think you were talking to me, but so that you know what some people might also like to listen to (I don't listen to all too much hip hop, but) I listen to: OutKast, Beastie Boys, Aesop Rock, early Eminem, the Feminists (indie hip hop from Hampshire College), Kanye, and Nas

10. #10 BUDDAMUNK, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2012
    [quote name='"GlowingOrange"']

whether or not i have a hundred thousand dollars is besides the point......Thinking im actually "Suga Jon" is like thinking johnny depp is a real pirate . Hes an actor and so am I. Acting to be "Suga Jon" -a greedy, lying mainstream rapper.

My goal was to paint a picture of the modern human condition.
    and it looks like i got my point across..... maybe im not a greedy, lying rapper, - --maybe im an artist depicting one, so well,... that you cant tell the difference..

maybe you missed the point.[/quote]

You're not an actor, you're a musician. Never make that deviation, because then you'll end up becoming Rick Ross or Lil Wayne.

11. and what am i supposed to read ur mind to get that? Why would u wanna act like a lying greedy rapper to paint a picture of the modern human condition?

no ones gunna care about ur artsy vision unless ur music sounds good dude. im not trying to be a dick , im just trying to help. theres no sugar coating in making good music dude.

12. Whatsup everyone I'm new to this site but i wanted to share the movement with everyone and hopefully network with some good people. I am a hip hop artist, veteran and i own a clothing company as well. We are inspired by others and love networking with people around the world. Please share and send me a message. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8xeWPAPzjs
    https://soundcloud.com/jayremedie
    instagram- jay.remedie
    clothing company www.weare-easy.com