Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Indica v sativa?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by 2313, Oct 28, 2013.

1. I dont know exactly what time of weed i get. I just take what i get around here but in general i would say that its better than average but with some dank every once in a while. Is most weed in Massachusetts indica or sativa? Can i tell which it was by the effects after smoking? Thanks

2. Indica vs sativa thread??
    Team sativa rep.!

MR.CRONIK

3. Day or with friends - Sativa

Night or alone - Indica

But I don't really have a choice on what kind though. It's whatever my dealers got at the time!

4. I prefer indica. I have insomnia so knockouts are better for me. Sativas are better for depression

Sent from my LG-L38C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #5 Al XE the Bud, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2013
    Being in India, all I get is Indica, unless someone gets me some Sativa from abroad which is rare, because airports.

6. It is probably hybrid.

7. I'm in MA too, I feel like most of what I get is indica, but there's usually some real good sour diesel or haze strains floating around

8. I live in MA as well, and I get mostly sativas... I get my bud directly from where it's grown though so its kind of my choice as to what i'm getting. 

Try to meet a grower (easier said than done, ik), or ask your dealer if he can get you a nice sativa or indica or whatever it may be that you want... In the case that your dealer is a dick / can't do that, grow your own :p

9. #9 fancypantsdawg, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2013
    If a bit sleepy and more "calm", it's most likely Indica. If you've a bit more energy and are more "giggly" (bubbly? dunno how to word this shit) then it's probably Sativa.
    Hope this helps. Happy toking!

10. Or if the dealer is an idiot.

11. That too! I've run into plenty of idiots. 

"Hey man, this looks pretty nice but is it an Indica or a Sativa?" 

"Whats that"

*insert rant here*

12. Thanks for the help guys. I think i ran into some strong sativa it was very light green and had an odd smell. Shit was bomb lol

13. You can usually tell if it's indica or sativa (or if a hybrid which is dominant) by this: indica will make you want to just chill on a couch/bed/etc and eat/watch tv. It also makes you sleepy. A sativa or sativa dominant wouldn't put you on couch lock or make you really sleepy. Sativa is good for hanging out with friends during the day and indica is better for night IMO. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. I prefer sativa ......

Pretty sure most non medical states have mostly only indica

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. I completely agree with you. I live in Oklahoma where not to long ago they denied a MMJ bill. At least 90% of the weed I get is either indica or indica dominant.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Never had a strong sativa, so I have no idea. 

17. I prefer Sativa strains more. Day or night.

"Everything is better when u are high"

18. Indica is always better in my opinion. You can tell if it's sativa if it has a lite piney smell with thin spear buds usually. Indica is usually dense and fat nugs with a pungent deep smell. This doesn't always determine whether it's sativa or indica but it gives you a good idea.

19. Makes sense